American Eagle Outfitters jeans
  • I’ve been a customer of American Eagle for many years and over the years I’ve discovered what I like and don’t like about this store
  • I’ve never had a pair fall apart on me and I still have every single pair I bought that still fits me
  • All in all, American Eagle jeans are one of my favorites and I would recommend them, especially if you have the legs to fill them out

• by liberty

American Eagle Outfitters is a store similar to Abercrombie & Fitch except their models actually wear clothes. The fashion between the stores are very similar but American Eagle is a tad more people friendly and has better lighting. American Eagle sells fashion that pretty much describes American fashion that’s geared towards the youth. I’ve been a customer of American Eagle for many years and over the years I’ve discovered what I like and don’t like about this store. One item in particular, their jeans, is what I will be reviewing.

I’ll start off with the positives of American Eagle jeans first. I grew out of American Eagle fashion a few years ago but I go back

in from time to time when I need a new pair of jeans. What I like about American Eagle jeans is that they’re very durable and well made. I’ve never had a pair fall apart on me and I still have every single pair I bought that still fits me. Not even a single hole. I like they way their jeans fit on me. They offer both stretchy and regular jeans, both always fit me very well around the waist, hips and thighs. I always have issues with jeans being too loose or too tight around those areas.

American Eagle usually keeps up with the trends in jeans but they also don’t go too crazy and ...

• tacky with it. For the most part, they only change up the cuts and add a few jeans with holes and what not but you won’t be finding any graphic jeans or bedazzled ones, nothing flashy at this store. That’s why I like I like their jeans, they keep it simple. I like that they have just as many styles for the men as they do the women, many unisex stores tend to be unbalanced.

Now for the cons. I really only have one complaint about American Eagle jeans, and that is that they don’t offer petite sizes. The average American woman (according to an article by MSN) is about 5’3.75” to 5’4” tall and yet

the majority of their jeans seem to be meant for a girl at least 5’6” tall, and that’s their regular jeans. I’m 5’2” but I have long legs so often times I’m able to fit into regular jeans but the jeans at American Eagle have always been at least four inches too long in the leg and I’d have to get them hemmed.

All in all, American Eagle jeans are one of my favorites and I would recommend them, especially if you have the legs to fill them out. If you’re like me, however, petite and find it hard to find great fitting jeans I’d still recommend American Eagle, you’ll just have to get them hemmed like I do.

Jamie K says :

I have been buying jeans from american eagle for ten years now, the only reason i buy them there is becasue i am 5`1 and and have a 29 30 inseam. so they do sell petite jeans as well as long length jeans. as far as well made the last 5 pairs i have purchased have literall fallen apart at the seams in under five months. i dont dry my jeans and take very good care of my clothes. i would love to just change jean brands but it is so hard to find them for petites. also they have no customer service for clothes that simply fall apart and they state they stand behind their quality of clothes, which they obviously dont. they should take a note from victorias secret customer service and replace clothes that fall apart

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 552710878580431/k2311a1027/10.27.09