Samsung SyncMaster 173P LCD Color Monitor
  • These monitors used to cost a pretty penny but have come down in price in recent years
  • I have been using mine for a few years and have never had a problem
  • I like the swivel stand that is attached to the back of the monitor

• by sweetkiara

Samsung SyncMaster 173P LCD Color Monitor is a high resolutions display monitor for your computer. It comes in a sleek design with a swivel stand. This monitor can also be mounted on a dual pc mount for dual pc’s. I used to have exactly that but one of my monitors was stolen and now i’m left with the lone one. These monitors used to cost a pretty penny but have come down in price in recent years. They are still expensive in my opinion.

I use mine for business and I love it. The LCD is extremely crystal clear. Its so bright compared to my other desktop computers in the house. I have an older compaq and the monitor I have with that is positively dark and grainy in comparison. The model that I

have is the silver one. This monitor also comes in white. I have been using mine for a few years and have never had a problem. Prior to one of them getting stolen I had the two connected and the dual use was very easy to set up. The mount it comes with is sturdy . I like the swivel stand that is attached to the back of the monitor. It allows me to turn my screen any way i want to. Even upside down if it so suits me. i can pull the screen out closer towards me or tip it and tilt it in any direction. Its great.

In addition to business purposes, I also use this monitor to watch movies on my computer. The movies display with excellence and I ...

• often forget that I am watching a computer screen. The clarity is nicer than my television at the moment which probably tells me that I need to upgrade my old model. I wish I could afford to replace all of my computer monitors with this Samsung screen. It has a very elegant look to it and when it is turned on the pretty bright colors are visually appealing as well. You could leave it turned on to a nice screen saver for background decor.

One thing you need to be sure of for this monitor is your VGA or video card. The first computer I hooked this monitor up to did not support the requirements needed. I had to get a new video card for this monitor specifically. Just check out the requirements

and your pc specs beforehand and you should be fine. I also had to purchase a special y-jack adapter in order to connect the two screens together and link those to my computer. That was another extra expense I did not foresee, but again well worth it. I only wish I still had my dual set!! I currently have mine connected to an older, standard regular computer monitor and it is severely lacking in appearance. I suppose I should be grateful that I still have the one and that I can use it with a different screen.

You really cannot go wrong with such a beautiful peace of equipment. I have not had any dimming or static and it always comes on promptly once started. The best feature to me is the clarity.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 162710878550431/k2311a1027/10.27.09