Where’s my Mummy book  » Books  »
  • I for one am glad she got this book, it is one of those children’s books that is enjoyable to read, both for the child and the parent

• by Steve

Usually, I review books that my daughter brings home from the library. But, last night, she attended a book fair and bought the book Where’s My Mummy.

It’s actually not a bad book.

Basically, you have a baby mummy playing hide and seek with his mom.

In the process, he ends

up losing her and runs into a bunch of characters ranging from a skeleton to a vampire (but doesn’t get scared until he sees a mouse).

All the characters are doing something in an effort to get ready for bed; brushing their teeth, washing their face, etc.

So, in a way,

• this is both an entertaining story and a great way to help kids learn a bedtime routine (or, in my daughter’s case, remind her of her routine).

I wasn’t sure if the book would end up being too scary since there are so many monsters throughout.

But, she was more entertained

by the baby mummy than anything and thought it was hilarious that she was afraid of a small mouse rather than some blob monster from the swamp.

I for one am glad she got this book, it is one of those children’s books that is enjoyable to read, both for the child and the parent.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 172710878440431/k2311a1027/10.27.09