Hotel Istana Kuala Lumpur  » Hotels  »
No. 73, Jalan Raja Chulan, Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur
  • I can imagine it must have been an amazing building 10 years ago

• by Tikya

I stayed here with my boyfriend in May, we didn’t plan for the short trip as we thought we will stay longer in Bali, but we cut the trip short and head to Kuala Lumpur instead. We didn’t know where to stay so, we searched the internet for hotels near the shopping centre as well as the Petronas tower. We saw this hotel advertised in a pop up and so we click on it. The rate was cheaper that our expectation and they have advertised that its a 5 star property.

But we didn’t really care for that, we just wanted to be near the shopping and the centre so we can get anywhere. So, we booked this

hotel without expectations whatsoever. When we arrived, we went to the reception right away.

The receptionist was very accommodating, she smiled and entertain our questions. She couldn’t find our booking in their system but we had a booking confirmation on sms that we gave her. At that time she was not sure what to do.

However, she told us that she will check with their reservations manager, which at that time I assumed already left for the day since it was about 9pm. I told her that I can print the confirmation from my email but I dont have a computer. So, she escorted us to the business centre and have us connect to the internet for ...

• free.

We printed it and she confirmed our room. She also escorted us straight to our room which has a view of the Petronas Tower. It was a really nice view.

My partner was very happy as it was his first time in Kuala Lumpur and it was great to see the famous Petronas Tower just right in front of us. She showed us the room and told us what are the inclusions of our rate and told us where to have breakfast. It was fast, precise and polite.

It was all we needed. The room was big, the carpet looks well maintained, however the building looks old and tired. I can imagine it must have been an

amazing building 10 years ago.

But now, it felt cold, huge space lobby but warm with people. There was something missing and I can’t seem to figure out. Everyone we met during our stay tried to acknowledge us everywhere.

They were very helpful and even had amenities sent to our room every night or whenever we are out. We stayed 3 nights, and it was a very good stay, the buffet breakfast was great. When we checked out, the Chief Concierge even talked to us a bit and help out with our luggage.

We were very satisfied with the service in general. Something that was unexpected. I would stay with them again if I visit Kuala Lumpur in the future.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 22710877820331/k2311a1027/10.27.09