Lucerne Large Grade AA Eggs
  • While I admit that I am buy more store brand products these days due to my financial situation, I am still leery of some items from certain departments, including dairy
  • I'm not, however, convinced that they are as good as the eggs I normally buy

• by Orrymain

While I admit that I am buy more store brand products these days due to my financial situation, I am still leery of some items from certain departments, including dairy. While I’m essentially forced to buy from Safeway sometimes, I usually stay away from their store brand, which is predominantly called Lucerne. I haven’t liked it

in the past and I’m just not that confident of Safeway as a whole.

That said, I was in need of eggs at a time where I needed to take advantage of Safeway’s home delivery, so that’s why I took a chance and purchased Lucerne Large Grade AA Eggs from them.

First off, the packaging is crate-like and is, in ...

• fact, reclaimed paper (recycled paper made into another product, per my research). It’s sturdier than the paper it’s made from, but it doesn’t give me the feeling of strength that I’d like for a dozen eggs.

Carton aside, I was satisfied with the eggs. I used them mostly to eat as scrambled eggs, but did use a

few as ingredients for some foods. I thought the taste was pretty good. I’m not, however, convinced that they are as good as the eggs I normally buy.

So, overall, it needed I’d get them again and don’t have any complaints about the eggs themselves, but I’m not ready to trade in my normal brand for these.

tom says :

tried these eggs while they seem just as good as most other grocery store eggs i noticed that even though they come from cage free chickens they are not from free-range chickens. and free range is what makes the big difference in nutritional content.

J.C. says :

where are the farms located that the eggs come from?

Richie Mogwai says :

I think the main farm of Lucerne Farms is in Maine, USA.

Rick H. says :

How are they raised? Are they forced to stand all day 5 inches apart? Daylight turned off so they produce 2 eggs a day. Just need to know.

Orrymain replies :

Hi Rick. You`d have to research the company to find the answer to your questions. I`m not connected with the manufacturer or the retailer in any way, so I`m afraid I don`t have those conditions for you.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272610877761231/k2311a1026/10.26.09