The Time of My Life audio book
  • I'm actually surprised they didn't just issue this as an unabridged version because I'd say over 80% is included

• by Orrymain

He sounds so strong. So vibrant. So alive.

Patrick Swayze and his wife, Lisa Niemi, wrote Patrick’s memoir in the summer of 2009. They also recorded it as an audio book which was completed just a few weeks before Patrick’s death on September 14, 2009.

When you listen to Patrick telling his story, you wonder how just three weeks later, he could be dead. It doesn’t make sense. His voice, intonation, emotion — everything is alive as he’s relates his and Lisa’s story. He starts with life as the child of a cowboy and a dancer and what

growing up was like.

Patrick wanted to share his journey in life, to see if he’d made a mark on this planet. If he asked his fans, we would have told him he did; actually, we did tell him. Still, reviewing his life gave him a mission and a goal. Patrick never sat still; he always had so many things going on. He had to continue to function, and he did, making the audio book to The Time of My Life his last professional effort.

This is a 5-disk set. Patrick reads 95% of it. Lisa chimes in at ...

• a few appropriate places, so she is heard. I’m actually surprised they didn’t just issue this as an unabridged version because I’d say over 80% is included. I followed along in the book as Patrick read and was amazed how little was left out. One more CD was all it would have taken to make this a complete reading.

Patrick changed a word here or there, added a line or two, or made mention of a name not included in the book, but mostly, he follows the printed book. However, this is superb because we here his life.

He chuckles; he gets sad.

For me, the audio book is a gift that he left his fans. Really, it’s a gift. We get to hear him, speaking to us, any time we want by plugging in one of the CDs. And here is the part that really gets to me, even now as I write this review. His last words are to the fans. What a gift Patrick Swayze gave to us with his reading of his story.

Buy it. Hear him. It’s worth every penny to listen to Patrick, as himself, just one more time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 172610877671231/k2311a1026/10.26.09