Farmland Honey & Maple Sausage Links  » Food  »
2.0
  • But, I think this will be the last time I end up buying this brand again

• by Steve

I mentioned in another review that my wife decided to make a pancake breakfast on Saturday. To go with the pancakes, we decided to make some sausage links and ended up cooking Honey and Maple Sausage from the brand Farmland.

They were OK but not great.

First, they tasted nothing like honey or maple.

I’m not

sure what they tasted like, it just wasn’t that.

Normally, I can taste something, unless the links are burnt.

They weren’t burnt in this case at all.

The sausage links also were almost all fat.

I bit into the first one and thought I would end up throwing up when I saw just how much fat ...

• was inside it.

But, I took a deep breath and, not wanting to hurt my wife’s feelings after she spent the time to cook me breakfast, managed to down the three links I had on my plate.

I did not, however, go back for more of them; claiming I filled up on pancakes.

This was a

cheaper brand so I probably shouldn’t have been surprised by the low quality.

But, I think this will be the last time I end up buying this brand again.

It’s just too bad we have a couple more boxes of these in our freezer right now.

I wonder if there’s any place around here that will take them for a donation.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272610877601231/k2311a1026/10.26.09