Happy Harvest Kidney Beans
2.5
  • I decided to make chili again last week and, needing some kidney beans to go into it, I ended up running to the store
  • There are times when I think I should have used more than two cans
  • If you use kidney beans for anything, this is a brand I would recommend picking up

• by Steve

I decided to make chili again last week and, needing some kidney beans to go into it, I ended up running to the store. Because I didn’t want to spend too much money (chili is a great way to keep the food budget under control because you can make a whole lot for

very little), I ended up with the cheapest brand I could find, Happy Harvest.

They turned out to be decent too; which was a bit surprising because I was expecting to sacrifice some sort of quality in return for saving money on them.

I don’t normally eat kidney beans straight out of the ...

• can so I can’t compare the taste of these to others.

But, for the price, I got quite a bit in quantity.

First, there were quite a few beans in each of the cans (I always use two cans) and, more importantly, the beans themselves were decent sized.

There are times when I

think I should have used more than two cans.

This wasn’t one of them because there was more than enough beans in the chili.

If you use kidney beans for anything, this is a brand I would recommend picking up.

You get quite a bit for your money and aren’t even spending a whole lot to begin with.

Happy Harvest Kidney Beans

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272610877581231/k2311a1026/10.26.09