New Kids On The Block concert  » Entertainment  »
St. Louis, MO
  • I decided that I would attend their concert here in my home town, St. Louis, Missouri
  • I knew it would be amazing to see them again after all those years, but I wasn't prepared for the overwhelming feelings that would come rushing back to me at the first glimpse of them
  • Together we have managed to find the best of times, even in the worst of times

• by Melissa Kaiser

So as you may know the New Kids On The Block reunited about a year and a half ago. As a life-long fan, I was excited. I decided that I would attend their concert here in my home town, St. Louis, Missouri.

I had already purchased their new CD “The Block” (which is their best work to date, by the way) and gotten out all my old New Kids stuff from back in the day to reminisce. The day of the concert comes around, and my sister and I head to the Scott Trade Center in beautiful downtown St. Louis.

We take our seats, which were not so great, and wait for the show to begin. I have my camera ready. The lights go

down, and up on the big screen I see these words: “15 years ago they walked away.

Tonight they have returned. Are you ready? It’s time!!” This is followed by a lot of pictures of each of the guys from the past, and some new footage of the now grown up kids on the block. This is received very well by the packed house of fans.

The screams are deafening, mine was one of the loudest. Then it happened. The five guys I grew up loving so much rose from the stage in a cloud of smoke, lights flashing, music playing, fans screaming.

I was fourteen again. My tears took me by surprise. I knew it would be amazing to see them again after ...

• all those years, but I wasn’t prepared for the overwhelming feelings that would come rushing back to me at the first glimpse of them.

The show was absolutely unbelievable. They sang all of their old hits, the fan favorites like “Step By Step”, “Hangin’ Tough” and an amazing vocal performance by the one and only Jordan Knight of “I’ll Be Loving You”. There was also a mixture of their newest songs such as “Summertime”, “Dirty Dancing” and the opener “Single”.

I was so impressed with their voices. They were better than ever. And this group of thirty-something guys danced, and jumped around the stage like the teenagers I fell in love with twenty years ago.

The show was very high energy, and heart felt.

You could see in their faces, and hear in their voices that they were just as happy to see us, as we were to see them. That November night was one of the greatest nights of my life.

The New Kids gave me a reason to smile even during hard times. As quoted by the truly talented Donnie Wahlberg: Together we have managed to find the best of times, even in the worst of times. ” That night was the first of four NKOTB concerts I attended during their reunion, and each one blew me away.

They are a group of talented, energetic, caring, attractive, amazing men, and their concerts are out of this world! If you didn’t attend a show, you truly missed out on a treat!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 592610877251131/k2311a1026/10.26.09