Gilmore Girls TV Show  » TV  »
  • Gilmore Girls is such a relief when we consider teen TV
  • Even though many of these were extremely popular amongst teenagers, I think we all became bored with the same plots on and on and on
  • They were impressed with and jealous of the protagonists' living standard

• by Joanna
      I have to say I have become addicted to the Gilmore Girls. I’ve been watching this TV show since the first episode and from the very first time I saw it I couldn’t wait to see the next one. Gilmore Girls is such a relief when we consider teen TV.

There have been loads of shows where the main theme was youngsters’ problems like drugs, alcohol, sex life, dating, parties, school. Even though many of these were extremely popular amongst teenagers, I think we all

became bored with the same plots on and on and on.

Moreover, young people started to identify themselves with the main characters and live in some kind of imagined world. They were impressed with and jealous of the protagonists’ living standard.

Well, finally we lived to see a show that approves somewhat greater values than possesing golden credit cards, being the most popular girl in the school or having first time when you’re 16. Rory Gilmore, a bright and modest daughter of Lorelai Gilmore,

• is a child we would all like to have and be proud of.

She is not just another spoiled, rich kid but a young ambitious girl who thinks seriously about her future. She treats school solemnly and not as a place where she has to go every morning and the only good thing about oing there is meeting with her mates.

At the same time she is a normall teenager and sort of maneater as every guy she encounters seems to fall in love with

her. I think she is a great character to set a good example.

The show is full of references to good literature and movies, we can hear dialouges packed with Lorelai’s and Rory’s witty, sarcastic humour. We are the witnesses of the characters’ serious problems mixed with local town’s comic debates.

Overall, I reccommend it both to teenagers and adults, especially mothers and daughters. The bond that Lorelai and Rory, mother and daughter, have managed to create between each other is worth appreciating.

This show just can’t be missed.

Gilmore Girls TV Show

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 10280887710131/k2311a0828/8.28.06