Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs the Movie  » Movies  »
  • Also, there were a few chunks of humor that left the kids with some puzzled looks but made all the adults chuckle, a big plus for a movie like this in my opinion
  • All in all, Cloudy with a Chance is a cute kids movie, but definitely just that

• by MrAungst

So I’m sure many of you have either read the book “Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs” either in your own time, or to your children. I myself, being only a recent “adult” can quite easily and fondly remember the days of curling up next to mom and having her read me the book. So when the movie came out, I was a skeptic to say the least.

I am lucky enough to have a younger sister who

is just the perfect age to take to such a movie, which deferred any possible weird glances I may have gotten for going to check out the movie on my own or with a friend. How lucky.

So I expected the movie to be really kiddie and cheesy, which to a small extent it was. Most kids movies are.

But I was shocked how much I really liked it. The general idea of the story is ...

• the same: Food falls from sky, everyone’s happy; food gets bigger, oh no, we’re doomed.

But the storyline of the movie does stray a bit from that of the book, which of course is necessary as basing a feature length movie on a childrens book is hard to do. I was very happy to find that the humor used wasn’t limited to small minds, but in general was age-withstanding humor that everyone could enjoy together.

Also, there

were a few chunks of humor that left the kids with some puzzled looks but made all the adults chuckle, a big plus for a movie like this in my opinion. It helps keep all the parents happy too.

The characters in the movie all are very memorable and extremely diverse and hilarious in their own ways. You’ll love Steve the Monkey.

All in all, Cloudy with a Chance is a cute kids movie, but definitely just that.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112610876711031/k2311a1026/10.26.09