Kroger Toasted Oats  » Food  »
  • It is, however, superior to the General Mills cereal, I think
  • Much like how the Kroger's version of the Honey Nut Cheerios is crunchier than the General Mills version, the Kroger version of Cheerios is crunchier as well, and I like the added crunchiness
  • I definitely feel that it enhances the cereal in a positive way
  • Although I do not purchase this cereal as often as the Honey Nut Toasted Oats, since I do love honey and almonds, and regular toasted oats are a bit bland without sugar or fruit added, when I do purchase this cereal, I am never disappointed with it
  • Regular price however is easily beat by Kroger's brand and it is a brand that I have come to really enjoy and easily recommend

• by GenesisOne

Kroger Toasted Oats cereal is based off of the General Mills Cheerios product. It is, however, superior to the General Mills cereal, I think.

Much like how the Kroger’s version of the Honey Nut Cheerios is crunchier than the General Mills version, the Kroger version of Cheerios is crunchier as well, and I like the added crunchiness! I definitely feel that it enhances the cereal in a

positive way.

Other than that though, the two cereals are pretty much identical - expect for the price, that is.

The Kroger brand is obviously cheaper because a person is not paying for the name like he or she is with the General Mills cereal.

However, the lower price does not mean there is a reduction in quality or quantity! The box is just as big and ...

• the cereal is just as nutritious, too! Although I do not purchase this cereal as often as the Honey Nut Toasted Oats, since I do love honey and almonds, and regular toasted oats are a bit bland without sugar or fruit added, when I do purchase this cereal, I am never disappointed with it.

If you like Cheerios, I highly suggest that you give this store brand

cereal a try.

It is superior in quality, just as nutritious and the price is lower, so really, it is a great deal - unless you have a coupon or there is a sale on Cheerios, then, the name brand is likely priced better.

Regular price however is easily beat by Kroger’s brand and it is a brand that I have come to really enjoy and easily recommend!

Jean Lambert says :

Frankly I would, as a health conscious and honest person, prefer that cereals that call themselves toasted oats, would actually BE oats and not corn.

I just bought the Kroger toasted “oats” only to find out that the first three ingredients are actally corn flour , sugar, corn syrup, cocoa, and THEN oats. Be careful if ingredients matter to you. Thank you.

nitakb says :

Which is why Cheerios is the better choice or another organic oat cereal from a organic food market. Like sprouts or whole foods.

C Price says :

I prefer Kroger Toasted Oats and my box has whole grain oat flour listed as the first ingredient. I don’t see corn flour, corn syrup or cocoa listed at all.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272310876061231/k2311a1023/10.23.09