Tim Tams chocolate cookies  » Food  »
  • She kept talking about something called Tim Tams and when I found out that Target would be offering them for a limited time I jumped right on it and bought a few packages of these cookies
  • After going through them with lightening speed here’s what I thought of these yummy Aussie cookies
  • First off the pros, what I like about Tim Tams cookies
  • The cookie wouldn’t be the same without all three aspects of the cookie, it’s what makes Tim Tams so delicious
  • If there’s a World Market store near you I’d recommend checking these cookies out there too

• by Liberty

I first discovered Tim Tams from Youtube.com, believe it or not. One of the people I subscribe to is an Australian girl that puts together some very creative and funny videos, even if her topics tend to be very random. She kept talking about something called Tim Tams and when I found out that Target would be offering them for a limited time I jumped right on it and bought a few packages of these cookies. After going through them with lightening speed here’s what I thought of these yummy Aussie cookies.

First off the pros, what I

like about Tim Tams cookies. Tim Tams are wafer cookies with chocolate cream filing and coated with chocolate. It sounds like a lot of chocolate but it really isn’t and in fact all three combination works very well together. I like the light fluffy texture of it all. It’s a square nugget shape cookie that looks like it would be heavy but it’s surprisingly very light and the wafers are so crisp and thin, and the chocolate crème center is very soft, almost mousse like. The cookie wouldn’t be the same without all three aspects of the ...

• cookie, it’s what makes Tim Tams so delicious. The chocolate is like milk chocolate but it’s not nearly as sweet as regular milk chocolate, it almost borders on being dark chocolate without the bitterness. The chocolate flavor is just perfect. I also like that it doesn’t leave a strange after taste like a lot of chocolates do. The package comes with quite a lot of cookies, always a plus and it comes in caramel flavor too. The best part of course is the price, a package of Tim Tams costs as much as a package of Oreos
        with just about the same amount of cookies too.

The downside however, is that Tim Tams is an Australian cookie and not really available in the US except at the World Market store, assuming the one near you carries it, or if there’s even a World Market store near you.

If Tim Tam ever comes back to Target or becomes more widely available I would definitely recommend trying them. I love their regular chocolate ones but their caramel is just as good. If there’s a World Market store near you I’d recommend checking these cookies out there too.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272310875561131/k2311a1023/10.23.09