St. Ives Elements Olive Cleanser  » Cosmetics  »
  • I have a facial scrub that I love, but it was a bit too harsh for winter
  • I went to the St. Ives section of the drugstore I frequent, because I like this brand a lot, and I found a product line that I hadn’t seen before, called St. Ives Elements
  • With moisturizes being the key word in these products, I decided to try the Olive Cleanser
  • I have not had any issues with pimples at all either, so it definitely does clean deeply and thoroughly, and my skin is less dry than it was all summer

• by Jessie Bahrey

Once the summer ended, and I stopped wearing sunscreen on my face every day, I went looking for a more gentle facial cleanser that wouldn’t dry out my skin in the cold weather. I have a facial scrub that I love, but it was a bit too harsh for winter. I went to the St. Ives section of the drugstore I frequent, because I like this brand a lot, and I found a product line that I hadn’t seen before, called St. Ives Elements. They make two types of cleansers, both in an attractive green and white bottle or tube-the Olive Cleanser, which

deep cleans and moisturizes, and the Olive Scrub, which gently exfoliates and moisturizes. With moisturizes being the key word in these products, I decided to try the Olive Cleanser. As with all the St. Ives products, the price is extremely reasonable, at $7, so I purchased it and tried it out that night.

I do find that I need a deep cleanser now, but with deep cleansing also comes drying, and I hoped that this product would be give me the moisturizing that I needed but still get rid if the day’s makeup and dirt as well as my scrub. The Olive Scrub comes ...

• in a container with a pump, so it is easy to use. I followed the instructions and wet my face, (I had my day’s makeup on), added a small amount of the cleanser, lathered it up and then rinses. A little goes a long way, just how I love it, and it lathers up well. It also rinses well too, and my face came out very clean and it felt soft and smooth. It reminds me very much of the Clinique cleanser that I have used, but it actually smells less ‘clinical’ and lathers better-as well as being only 1/3 of the price.
        Of course, it takes a few days to determine if a cleanser is drying out your skin, but after a week, I realized that this cleanser really does provide moisture to my face. The clean and tingly feeling does not come at the expense of stripping the moisture from your face at all. I have not had any issues with pimples at all either, so it definitely does clean deeply and thoroughly, and my skin is less dry than it was all summer. I am a believer.

St. Ives Elements Olive Cleanser is an inexpensive facial cleanser that cleans deeply while still providing moisture.

St. Ives Elements Olive Cleanser

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312210875070331/k2311a1022/10.22.09