Resident Evil 5  » Games  »
  • I think the pride and glory of RE5 is that it is the first RE game to have a co-op option wherein another online gamer can join in and play as your partner
  • I will recommend it to any gamer, not just to the RE fans

• by twiddle

Resident Evil games are typically survival horror games. With the release of RE5, the franchise seems to have shifted to action in some way. I can say that this game is a survival action horror game. Like in most RE games, you play your main character through various levels/stages, picking up weapons and killing zombies along the way. Zombies here move faster and are actually smarter which adds some tension to the game. While you are busy trying to kill one, another one is already in your face!

The story revolves around Chris Redfield, on how he has been after their first encounter with Umbrella Corporation and Racoon City: The birthplace of RE

and zombies.

The visuals are really good especially when played in high definition. The character models and the environment are highly detailed.

Surround sound is the way to play! You can hear zombies coming from different directions. Their eerie shouts/voices also add some element of fear.

With other RE games, you will also find yourself running out of ammo and having no more space to pick up more items. This preserves the survival element of the franchise. I also liked the action part wherein you can be trigger happy killing those bad guys if you happen to have more than enough ammo with you.

What I did not like here is that the game is divided ...

• into chapters wherein the after you finish a chapter, you go to a chapter select screen to move forward or repeat the previous chapters. This element kills off the momentum of the game and loses the movie-like story telling of it.

I think the pride and glory of RE5 is that it is the first RE game to have a co-op option wherein another online gamer can join in and play as your partner. This is actually nice and plays out well.

The length of the game is just right, although I would not mind it being longer than usual. For the difficulty, it can be adjusted which is a bit weird for me

but I guess so that different level of players can play through in their own preference.

Overall, I really enoyed this game and played it a couple of times. I will recommend it to any gamer, not just to the RE fans. The extras will keep you playing the game a bit more after going through the main game.

In summary, here are some of my notes: - This is a survival action horror game. Less horror, more action.

- The story gives us additional information about Chris Redfield, the main protagonist in the first game. For RE fans like me, this is actually quite exciting.

- Extras add some additonal value.

- I will recommend this to all gamers.

Resident Evil 5

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 282210874850331/k2311a1022/10.22.09