Pension Steiner, Windhoek  » Hotels  »
11, Wecke Street, Windhoek, Namibia
  • One disadvantage though which I felt was the location

• by bethbarl

This was our first hotel in Namibia. If you are looking for a decent lodging while on a quick stop in Windhoek, this is a good deal. The rooms are comfortable and my kids were happy with the room we got as it was spacious and well-appointed. The linen on the beds is extremely clean.

This was the most impressive point of this hotel. Clean rooms and certainly the cleanest sheets I ever had during our 3-week holiday in Namibia.

However, what was irritating to me was their bathroom. It did not have shower curtains which meant that unless you take a bath, you are bound to splash water everywhere and ...

• eventually flood the bathroom.

Pension Steiner does not have a restaurant but they do serve breakfast, have a bar at their premises and a secured parking (albeit small, narrow and steep). One disadvantage though which I felt was the location. We arrived late in the afternoon and by the time we have checked-in, unpacked a few

things, it was time for dinner. Although it was walking distance to where the restaurants were, we were strongly advised to take a taxi by the owners as there were reported robbery cases the previous nights. Luckily, we had our fridge in the car well stocked so we did not die of hunger that night.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 22210874830331/k2311a1022/10.22.09