Xanax (alprazolam)  » Medicine  »
  • I do not recommend taking 2 or more than the recommended dosage
  • The one thing that I have noticed with xanax is that if I take it for a few days in a row, and then stop taking it I tend to be cranky for the next few days afterwards

• by sweetkiara

Xanax is a small medication used for the treatment of anxiety and panic disorders. It comes in several different strengths. I have tried 0.25 mg, the 0.5 mg dosage, and the 2mg dosage. All of them have different effects.

I take xanax on occasion to treat anxiety. I started out with the .25mg and it was not strong enough. It didn’t relax me or make help me to calm down enough to sleep. The .25 mg comes in a small white pill form. Easy to swallow and no unpleasant aftertastes. After finding myself having to take 2 of the

small white pills to get any effect I later switched to a stronger prescription. The 0.5mg dose comes in a small orange pill form and is double the dose of the white pill. Sometimes you only need half of it. I do not recommend taking 2 or more than the recommended dosage. With the orange pills I am able to calm down enough to sleep. They are also small and easy to swallow with no unpleasant after tastes or side effects. They quick in quickly after taking one and you will feel yourself start to get drowsy and maybe even ...

• sleepy. I tend to take mine at night time before bed as if I take it during the day I am a zombie. The next morning after taking one, I do not have a hangover. I wake up feeling refreshed and ready for a new day.

The one thing that I have noticed with xanax is that if I take it for a few days in a row, and then stop taking it I tend to be cranky for the next few days afterwards.

With the 2 mg prescription, you have to be seriously anxious or having a panic attack

to take that one. It is very strong and it will knock you out. That’s what it does to me. I can’t take that much. I find I always end up breaking that one into halves or quarter pieces. The 2 mg comes in a long rectangle shape and its divided into four easily breakable pieces. You can snap off and take as much as you need. Be near a bed if you plan on taking the whole thing!

I recommend this product for those suffering with chronic anxiety or panic attacks/disorders. When used in moderation it can be a great calming agent.

Xanax (alprazolam)

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 262210874750331/k2311a1022/10.22.09