Parkview Bratwurst  » Food  »
  • After all, I shop there to get the best price and sometimes have to sacrifice something for that
  • But, when I bought bratwurst from the brand Parkview, I didn’t expect to get something completely different
  • But, they weren’t brats in my opinion either
  • And, I can’t tell you how disappointed I was about that
  • In this case, the next time I want brats, I’m going to be buying a more expensive but more familiar brand so I know I’m getting what I am supposedly paying for

• by Steve

Whenever I buy any sort of product from Aldi, I don’t expect it to be very high in quality. After all, I shop there to get the best price and sometimes have to sacrifice something for that.

different.

The “brats” weren’t terrible, don’t get me wrong.

But, they weren’t brats in my opinion either.

If anything, they were some sort of sausage similar to kielbasa or ring bologna.

The skin was a dark brown and thick and the filling tasted nothing like any brat I’ve had (and, believe me, I’ve ...

• had several different brands).

If I didn’t see the label on the package myself, I would have thought this was kielbasa; which, I actually like, I just wasn’t in the mood for it that night.

These were so tough to eat I ended up taking mine out of the bun and eating it

with a fork.

And, I can’t tell you how disappointed I was about that.

I like saving money but there are certain things I draw the line on.

In this case, the next time I want brats, I’m going to be buying a more expensive but more familiar brand so I know I’m getting what I am supposedly paying for.

quick note by anonymous :

I was born and raised in D sseldorf- Germany, and have had different Bratwurst (Bratw rste) and Parkview has by far the best I have ever eaten in my 27years in the US, the best The taste is exceptional and would recommend them to anyone, I thought I was back home. By far the best

HEIKO LIENEMANN says :

re : But, they weren’t brats in my opinion either
    they were Brats as I remember them in Germany, but only one ingredient is missing, fennel. Italian and German butcher here in the states try to make them the same way as in Germany, none can produce, as I just brought home some ORIGINAL BRATWURST from Parkview at Aldis. Fried them the same way as the over 50 different brands I have tried here in the States, none comparable. Going back to Germany, just recently first thing there was having my Brats. Two years ago my girlfriend, not German, she and I had in a span of 3 weeks over 42 Brats each, that’s how we like them. Here is one thing I would suggest, add some fennel as an ingredient and you have the same as they are known in Germany as Thueringer Bratwurst. Heiko Lienemann of NY

Andy OBrien says :

People in America, especially in Arkansas don’t have that knack for good old world European food.
    Yes, agreed… fennel is missing. But my wife dislikes fennel. But the sourkraut we buy has fennel. Yum. Been a while since I have been back in Alaska, over a year, they have great delis there.
    Love Thuringen and mortadella sausage.

HEIKO LIENEMANN says :

re : In this case, the next time I want brats, I’m going to be buying a more expensive but more familiar brand so I know I’m getting what I am supposedly paying for
    Parkview ORIGINAL BRATWURST one thing missing add some fennel and you can compare with the German market. In Germany they are called Thueringer Bratwurst. You can have them in Restaurants and Wurstbuden at market places or in large shopping centers and here are always long lines of costumers. Three weeks ago I went to a shopping center to buy some gifts, to bring back to the states, I noticed at 8 AM a Sausage stand(Wurstbude)was open, yes for breakfast I had to have two of them and they were almost twelve inches long, a person next to me consumed two of them with a bottle of beer and all for only 6 Euros. I had a brief conversation with this man who worked as a truck driver, he stated that this was breakfast for him, good and healthy.

Matt says :

re : After all, I shop there to get the best price and sometimes have to sacrifice something for that
    These were a glorified hot dog not a brat. Big disapointment.

Andy OBrien says :

Reading some of the posts tells me that many people don’t really know what brats are supposed to taste like. Parkview brats are excellent.
    People compare to Jonesville. Janesville is too Americanized. And just tastes like plain sausage.
    I like good knockwurst, nick wurst and bratwurst.
    Parkview taste as good as in Alaska, made by “Alaska Sausage” company. And those are the best.

SALLY HADLEY says :

Why are Parkview Bratwurst only available in summertime? I live in Martinsburg, WV, and wish they were available year round.

Oliver Burger says :

re : And, I can’t tell you how disappointed I was about that
    The quality was not even close to goof. We had purchased about a dozen packages earlier last year that were excellent. But our last purchase of about 15 packages were horrible. The meat is not mixed well with spices or some older meat that had been added to the mix. You could taste the older or possibly rotted meats that had been added in the beer brats and I got salt burns and sick to my stomach from the original brats. I will never buy these again. And the next time I get a bad product from Aldis, that will be the last time I shop there.

quick note by anonymous :

I think aldi brats are great. We always got Johnsonville but aldis’s are just as good or better and a lot cheaper.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272210874740331/k2311a1022/10.22.09