Family Guy: Mr. Griffin Goes to Washington  » TV  »
  • The episode was definitely unique, I’ll give it that

• by Steve

I’m not sure I was a big fan of last night’s episode of Family Guy, Mr. Griffin Goes to Washington.

It was OK but didn’t seem to be as well written as other episodes.

I did like the plot a bit, Peter’s company is bought out by a cigarette company and they use the toys

as a way to promote smoking to kids.

Peter starts out supporting this when he gets promoted to president of the company but realizes he made a huge mistake when he sees Stewie has taken up smoking because of the toys.

The episode was definitely unique, I’ll give it that.

Though I don’t see it ...

• being much different than the Simpson’s episode about Tommaco (tomatoes and tobacco combined).

In fact, when you think of it, a lot of the episodes Family Guy does aren’t really much different than something the Simpsons did earlier.

Do the writers come up with any sort of unique ideas?

Overall, it was an OK episode

but there were a lot of things about it not to like and I didn’t feel satisfied by it.

I’ve seen this series do a whole lot better and produce some great episodes.

This one was definitely a disappointment when compared to some of the work the show has done since it has been on the air.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 102210874720331/k2311a1022/10.22.09