Action comics 875  » Books  »
  • I spent a good chunk of this issue confused
  • One of the characters is also called Chris, I think that it's Zod's son, but I'm not sure
  • I find it hard to believe that it's a coincidence, especially considering that Zod doesn't consider Chris to be his true name
  • Lois sees the story on the news and we zoom into see her eyes narrow in that, I know something fishy is going on look
  • With Dick now acting as Batman, that won't happen so, in my opinion, there's no point

• by David Finniss

I spent a good chunk of this issue confused. I got the gist of it, but at the same time I was a bit lost.

Two new heroes emerge named Nightwing and Flamebird. Now, I know that they were two characters tied to Kandor, so it makes sense that they would come into play, but the issue says that they were in the Phantom Zone. One of the characters is also called Chris, I think that it’s Zod’s son, but I’m not

sure. I find it hard to believe that it’s a coincidence, especially considering that Zod doesn’t consider Chris to be his true name.

It’s revealed that the armor is a farce to provide a cover story for their powers given the paranoia about Kryptonians. Even Superman is called into question on whether or not we should be afraid. Lois sees the story on the news and we zoom into see her eyes narrow in that, “I know something fishy is going on” ...

• look.

It’s revealed that Zod has planted sleepers on Earth and he does in fact have a nefarious plot in mind. That didn’t take very long now did it? Sadly, at no point does the one Kryptonian sleeper we encounter ever yell out “the sleeper has awakened!” hopefully that happens later.

I’m a little unsure about this “world without Superman” thing. Seeing the adventures of Mon-El and the newly resurrected Connor is one thing, but I don’t particularly

care about these two. The only good thing to come from bringing back Nightwing and Flamebird was a Nightwing and Nightwing team up. With Dick now acting as Batman, that won’t happen so, in my opinion, there’s no point.

Things might pick up and the two might develop, but as it stands, I’m not all that interested or invested in what happens to these two. The issue was ok for the most part, I would just rather see other characters get coverage.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 172210874390231/k2311a1022/10.22.09