Mary Kay Dual Coverage Powder Foundation  » Cosmetics  »
  • The Mary Kay Dual Coverage Powder Foundation beats other brands I've tried, due to the versatility of the product, the convenience of a refillable compact, and the affordable price

• by Motts

I discovered Mary Kay Dual Coverage Powder Foundation by accident, and I’m so glad that I did–it’s a top quality product that I can’t live without! I flew to New Jersey to attend a friend’s wedding, and discovered that I had forgotten my makeup bag (my lifeline!) at home. A close friend who lived in the area was a Mary Kay beauty consultant, but I had never considered buying any of her products…after all, I was a sophisticated woman; I used high-end makeup brands like NARS and Stila. But that night, as I sat in my hotel room unable to get ready for dinner because I had no makeup, my friend was the first person I called! I immediately purchased $150 worth

of makeup from her, and I was very pleased with the quality of the Mary Kay brand…it was much more sophisticated than I had expected.

I chose the Dual Coverage Powder Foundation in Bronze 607 because it was versatile: I could apply it wet for fuller coverage, and dry for touch-ups. My skin is very oily, so I also liked the convenience of having a matte finish foundation, and an oil-controlling powder in one product. It was also important to me to purchase a non-comedogenic product, since my skin is sensitive and acne-prone, and the Mary Kay powder foundation did not clog my pores, or prevent my skin from breathing. The next day, I attended the outdoor wedding, and the foundation held up ...

• beautifully in the summer humidity. I was able to achieve a full coverage, and the silver compact was stylish enough to whip out for touch-ups as needed. As an African-American woman, color matching is very important to me, and the Dual Coverage Powder Foundation did not turn ashy on my skin; it gives a very natural finish, even when applied with a damp sponge. The powder foundation is comfortable to wear, and lasted most of the day.

After buying the Mary Kay Medium Coverage liquid foundation at a later date, I continue to carry the Dual Coverage Powder Foundation in my purse, for touch-ups. The powder foundation is very sturdy–even after dropping my purse (and the compact itself) several times, the powder never

cracked, and the compact never showed any scratches or signs of wear. I also found another great use for the Dual Coverage Powder Foundation: when applied with a brush instead of the enclosed sponge, it gives a sheer coverage that works great as a setting powder over liquid foundation!

Mary Kay has an extensive range of foundation shades, so there’s bound to be a color to suit almost every skintone. I’ve been a faithful user of this product for three years now, and my search for the perfect powder foundation is finally over! The Mary Kay Dual Coverage Powder Foundation beats other brands I’ve tried, due to the versatility of the product, the convenience of a refillable compact, and the affordable price.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312210874230731/k2311a1022/10.22.09