Jack Russell Terrier  » Pets  »
  • If you’re looking for a dog that’s friendly, peppy, loyal, barks at strangers and is proficient at killing small woodland creatures, you should consider a Jack-Russell Terrier

• by Jeremy Patton

If you’re looking for a dog that’s friendly, peppy, loyal, barks at strangers and is proficient at killing small woodland creatures, you should consider a Jack-Russell Terrier.

My Jack-Russell, Puddles, is aptly named because she urinates every time I pet her. I don’t think that all Jack-Russell Terriers suffer from this condition (which I have affectionately dubbed “happy bladder syndrome”), but as long as she stays outside, we get along great.

Puddles is skilled at killing

unwanted pests. So far, she has slain two opossums and three rats (I‘m not sure how she reached the opossums because she stays in a pen). When I hear a rat scurrying under my house, I send Puddles in and she becomes their worst nightmare. If she can’t catch the rat, she will pin it in a corner and bark at it for hours on end. The rat may survive the ordeal, but it will ...

• soon need to see a psychiatrist.

Unless provoked, I don’t think that a Jack Russell would ever bite a human. Puddles is a very good-natured dog. She was also a very good mother. When she had puppies, she would let me pick them up and take care of them. If any dog came near, however, she snapped at them.

Puddles has a lot of energy and she’s very entertaining. When I step outside in the morning

to feed her, she runs approximately 100 laps around her dog house and yaps at me uncontrollably. When I put food in her bowl, she walks up to me and flops on her back for a belly rub before she digs in for breakfast.

I just don’t understand how anyone could dislike a Jack Russell Terrier. Keep them well-fed (they don’t eat much, so they‘re cheap) and put on a flea collar. They’re the happiest dogs on earth.

Jack Russell Terrier

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 292210874120731/k2311a1022/10.22.09