Tesco Classic Rich Roast Instant Coffee  » Food  »
  • When I was unemployed I sampled many horrible coffees that were in the same kind of price range as this brand and this is by far the best
  • I like a strong coffee and for a medium blend this had a good strength to it, although I do probably put a heaped teaspoon in every cup
  • I am a major coffee addict and I wish I could afford to always drink my most favorite brand which is much more expensive than this, but I think I will buy a big jar of this from Tesco and keep it for when I run out of the expensive stuff

• by jeanne71

I tried this really cheap own brand coffee from Tesco because I had a memory that it was not too bad – and it really is not bad. I only paid 74p for 100g jar in Tesco! When I was unemployed I sampled many horrible coffees that were in the same kind of price

range as this brand and this is by far the best. This is Tesco’s Classic Rich Roast and it is supposed to be a medium strength blend.

Firstly, this coffee passes the ‘aftertaste’ test. A lot of cheap coffees have a horrible aftertaste which makes them undrinkable but this actually has quite a pleasant taste. I like a strong coffee and for a medium blend this had a good strength to it, although I do probably put a heaped teaspoon in every cup. Maybe it lacks slightly in body I suppose, but it is not harsh at all but has a fairly smooth taste to it.

• Tesco Classic Rich Roast Instant Coffee
      If I compare it to Nescafe Original Blend for example, Tesco’s Classic Rich Roast is not quite as strong and it is less harsh to the taste.

For such a cheap coffee, this is a pretty good buy. I am a major coffee addict and I wish I could afford to always drink my most favorite

brand which is much more expensive than this, but I think I will buy a big jar of this from Tesco and keep it for when I run out of the expensive stuff. I imagine you would like this coffee if you find a brand like Nescafe Original a bit too harsh and too strong.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272110873901131/k2311a1021/10.21.09