A Scent by Issey Miyake
  • If there is one designer that I can associate with, I love the organic effects brought about by Issey Miyake's scents
  • I think it is very natural and it captured my style
  • I know a lot of scents which has the same top notes but A Scent is different in a way that it is not too provoking and still refreshing
  • It is light, pleasing to your nose but definitely not musky
  • I like it that it lives entirely on its inspiration

• by Chace

My own observation tells me that Issey Miyake has this signature classification for his smell, it is always aquatic-floral. There is this free flowing ambiance that he often creates, minimalist, nature-inspired and light. Honestly, this is my favorite scent. If there is one designer that I can associate with, I love the organic effects brought about by Issey Miyake’s scents. There is a superior effect brought about with Issey Miyake’s scent, it really awakens your senses and it offers close resemblance with Japanese love for nature. This latest fragrance is no less foreign to natural resources of Japan. I read it that this perfume was inspired by Japanese mountains. Still the concept is organic, minimalist and simple.

The bottle was transparent, shaped traditionally like a wine bottle. The shape is similar to that of CK-One. There are no prints in the bottle except for the name. The fluid inside is also transparent. Without the name, you would mistook it as a bottle of chemical in a laboratory. The flacon was transparent too. It

seems the whole idea was pleasant from the way you look at it. It is pure, simple and unassuming. I had peace when I was watching one bottle while I was viewing it from the store. I think it is very natural and it captured my style. Luckily this scent is for women. There is nothing I can say with regard to the appearance. I think it has everything on it, the simplicity that I yearn and the modernity in its effect.

The scent is classified as floral. It starts citrusy for me. I can sense lemon then the segue is jasmine, hyacinth, it was entirely floral breeze that you can get and then cedar was a little bit visible during dry down but for me the over all scent still is floral. When I first sprayed this perfume smells like freshly squeezed lemon in an iced cold water. The bursting sense of it was just so relaxing, pure and very inspiring. It gave me extreme joy closing my eyes and imagining I ...

• was sipping to the whole lemonade. This was a good start for me. Then the segue was floral, I would say it is not common. I would like to say that the whole combination of jasmine, hyacinth were a real rendition of beautiful flowers. Their combination smelled like cloves of real flowers, it was not synthetic but very pretty. Then almost no cedar for me, just a little bit but all throughout, the scent smells like beautiful bevy of attractive flowers. This entire scent is totally exceptional for me. I would say water, air and flowers were foremost an inspiration to this perfume. Indeed it is the mountains of Japan that breath life to this concoction. I would say that this scents sets it apart from the common citrus opening. I know a lot of scents which has the same top notes but ” A Scent” is different in a way that it is not too provoking and still refreshing. The floral effect is also admirable because of its lasting effect. It
        is light, pleasing to your nose but definitely not musky. Even those who have allergies can appreciate this. The scent surely lasts 10 hours for me. I like the lemon-jasmine effect on your clothes because it is feminine and surely modern. This is a good fragrance to soothe fiery personalities, it is often calming. I like it that it lives entirely on its inspiration. It gives us so much fresh air and the sensitivity to nature. This area seems to be almost forgotten. Thus I would really give kudos that the inspiration of this perfume was given justice. What you can feel in this perfume is exactly the soothing effects if you will visit Japanese mountains.

This is appropriate for all seasons most especially during summer. The lightness of it keeps you feeling fresh, you’re like constantly smelling the crisp fresh air from the mountains when you wearing this. Plus the modesty of its scent is a sure turn on. I would say this brands women to be bold and at the same time humble.

A Scent by Issey Miyake

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 562110873691031/k2311a1021/10.21.09