Battle Rage: Mech Combat (Nintendo Wii)
1.0
  • Unfortunately, the perspective I control each mech from makes it impossible for me to see what I am stepping on or approaching once I get within several feet
  • The game restricts fights to one on one match-ups, which I think was a mistake because it limits the challenge and intensity of the battles
  • I highly recommend that this video game be avoided all together because the effort put forth by the developers clearly was minimal and it shows - in a way that is not really very pretty

• by GenesisOne

Battle Rage: Mech Combat for the Nintendo Wii is a game that looks very attractive on the cover and sounds exciting based on the back of the game case, but once I loaded the game and started playing it, I began to wonder what happened to the game that was being presented on the cover and back of the game case. I expected this game to be intense, yet it hardly ever gets exciting.

I can take command of a variety of mechs, some of which must be unlocked, and traverse landscapes and cities in search of essentially other giant robots to crush.

Unfortunately, the perspective I control each mech from makes

it impossible for me to see what I am stepping on or approaching once I get within several feet.

The camera does not allow me to look down, so unless I am walking in a straight line, I cannot see in advance what I am walking on.

This makes it hard to see what traps, dangers and collectible items are on the ground.

It is frustrating and it costs me points and lives that I would not normally lose if the perspective was not set so high up.

I also find the battles somewhat dull.

I never can fight more than one mech at a time.

The game restricts fights to one ...

• on one match-ups, which I think was a mistake because it limits the challenge and intensity of the battles.

The battles are disappointing because it is hard to get into the game when the controls do not always respond to my motions, so sometimes, when I go to physically hit my opponent while I have an opening, the game sometimes does not register the movement and thus my mech does nothing.

It is unpredictable as to whether the game is going to pick up on my commands or not, and thus, I begin to worry more about the controls when I am battling as opposed to focusing on my opponent.

Another thing

that I did not like is the two player mode is almost unplayable because the game becomes choppy and slow as it seemingly cannot handle all the calculations and movements that are being made.

Factor in other problems, like visuals of the buildings and the mechs themselves that are ugly and lighting effects that are almost non-existent, and music that loops after just a short time playing, and it becomes very difficult for me to immerse myself in this video game.

I highly recommend that this video game be avoided all together because the effort put forth by the developers clearly was minimal and it shows - in a way that is not really very pretty.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 282110873451031/k2311a1021/10.21.09