Logitech PC Cam for Notebook  » Hardware  »
1.5
  • But, I consider the image quality to be awful, sometimes it appears too bright (at daylight), or otherwise, too dark at night
  • The adjustable knob on the camera doesn't help much either which I think controls the amount of light that penetrates to the camera's lens
  • I suggest you buy an external webcam that has a built-in flash light

• by jhunie

Before, old models of laptops don’t have an inbuilt camera. During those days, I used to have a simple Logitech webcam model V-UAM37 to do communicating online. It was one of those early ‘plug and play’ pc cameras which were small and portable.

Because this is an external device, I used to have problems hooking up its USB wire to an external port which can be messy if you have a jungle

of wires and you only have limited USB slots on your PC. I was never satisfied with this webcam due to the poor quality of its reception.

Well, in fairness to this camera, it does load up quickly and transmits the footage via online at a good pace. But, I consider the image quality to be awful, sometimes it appears too bright (at daylight), or otherwise, too dark at night.

...

• The adjustable knob on the camera doesn’t help much either which I think controls the amount of light that penetrates to the camera’s lens. The images can look blurry, pigmented and with a poor resolution.

The updated ‘Quickcam’ software contains some helpful options to adjust its poor default settings as you like. For me, the camera is virtually useless at night.

I wish it had a built-in light.

When video calling, the audio quality is good and audible.

Now, laptops have improvised but I’m surprised why I see some of these webcams are still sold out there. I suggest you buy an external webcam that has a built-in flash light.

Because buying this made me feel that I deserved a decent one…. so do you.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 332010872991231/k2311a1020/10.20.09