Ascoff Lagundi Syrup
  • But the symptoms still persisted, a little wary, I decided to continue taking the same medication for my cough

• by jhunie

Working for long hours had taken it’s toll on my body. My body was overfatigued for several days. I had intermittent fever with recurring chills at night and my trunk muscles felt heavy making it difficult to breath while getting fits of cough. My condition was getting worse so I came to see a doctor. The doctor prescribed Ascoff lagundi in syrup for my bronchospasm.

I was perplexed why the doctor gave me a medication out

of a simple herbal preparation knowing this drug was derived from dried Lagundi leaves (as indicated on its packaging). I was suppose to take 2 tablespoons for 3 times daily. I felt it has a soothing effect on my throat like a cool lozenge. I also admire the taste because of its sweetness and not bitter like some drug preparations. I consumed the entire bottle only for 4 days. But the symptoms still persisted,

• a little wary, I decided to continue taking the same medication for my cough. After a week, my fever faded and my bronchospasm were gone. My lungs felt more relaxed and I can breath fine as before.

Maybe the reason why the doctor prescribed me an herbal cough relieving medicine was the absence of side effects. Since I’m always troubled by Asthma, my doctor was thoughtful in giving me a medication that was safer than most anti-histamine

drugs I’ve used in the past. Though this drug takes a few days to work, I didn’t feel any adverse reaction which is good.

There hasn’t been a lot of herbal medications with known ‘therapeutic claims’ different from those ‘bogus’ herbal drugs and other drugs that can make me feel dizzy and sedated. Ascoff Ladundi has become my simple yet effective cough remedy.

robelle says :

is there lagundi drops for infants.???

jhunie replies :

hi, the syrup I have taken here was the one for kids and adults it`s been years since the time I wrote this review. I am uncertain if there is one dispensed for infants, but for kids ages 1 and up, I think it`s safe.

Jules Li says :

Robelle, it’s intended for infants over the age of 1.

Galega says :

It can be given to a baby above 1 year old, but only after consulting a pediatrician. When it comes to baby below the age of 2 years, there should be nothing as over the counter medicine. At least for the first time, you should consult a pediatrician and take prescription. If it works, you can continue to give it in the recommended dose in future.

cathy says :

i have given my son boiled lagundi last night at 10pm. my son vomited around 4am. and had 9 recurring vomits.. doctor says, it could be a sign of allergic reaction. made me think that when i gave ascof when he was 1 yr old, he did vomit also. he was lucky that time not to vomit much coz he was on antihistamine.

today, he suffers from stomach pain maybe due to too much vomit.. hopefully no dehydration. he is sleeping. i pray he would be ok soon and hope the meds prescribed will do him good.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 262010872971231/k2311a1020/10.20.09