NOFX - Coaster
  • The second last track I am an alcoholic a great track that describes Fat Mike and coming to terms with himself and his life of drugs and alcoholism and the tune ringing in my ears I wanna wake up without feeling sick but I can't cuz I'm a drug addicted alcoholic I've been following this band for 13 years now and this album is a must get for the die-hard fan as well as an up and coming punk rocker

• by pennywisdom

NOFX coaster was released on the 28th april 2009 on Fat Mike’s famous label Fat Wreck Chords which he runs with great success to this very day in the East Bay of San Francisco. This is NOFX 11th release. There all pushing 40 years of age but by no means slowing down.

The CD is literally designed as a beer coaster the opening track We call it America describes Fat Mike’s view of America through his eyes “national bankruptcy, circumcised society” “Poor is the new rich” he doesn’t

hold back on his somewhat twisted political views and this is only the first track.

The track First Call is an insight to life on the road with NOFX drinking beer at 6.00am and not caring or worrying about what other people think of them. There up for a party and so are you after this song it makes me want to crack open a beer as I listen to it. By far my favourite track on the CD.

The most serious track on the album My orphan Year ...

• show’s Mike and his unstable relationship with his father ” For months I wouldn’t see you and when I did You’d be out with your friends all night” and his love for his mum dying of cancer. His Orphan year described as the day he lost both his parents. It was Quite an unexpected song for a NOFX album but these guys hold back on nothing.

Creeping Out Sara a humorous song about lesbians and Fat Mike’s obsession with them. The second last track I am an alcoholic

a great track that describes Fat Mike and coming to terms with himself and his life of drugs and alcoholism and the tune ringing in my ears “I wanna wake up without feeling sick but I can’t cuz I’m a drug addicted alcoholic”

I’ve been following this band for 13 years now and this album is a must get for the die-hard fan as well as an up and coming punk rocker. Booze, sex, drugs and lesbians. This is what a punk rock album should look and sound like.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 142010872421131/k2311a1020/10.20.09