Paul and Joe Protective Foundation Primer UV SPF 40
  • This gives out a luminous definition especially on the cheekbones which I like so much
  • The foundation sets perfectly over the primer that last’s for more than 8 hours based on my experience without having to do constant touch-ups

• by jhunie

Once I hit on the moisturizer fad that’s very common these days, I started to experiment on different kinds of moisturizers that’s not only good for my skin but will complement with my make-up. I don’t like to wear layers and layers of make-up considering the bipolar weather where I live in. This Paul and Joe foundation primer lets me wear make-up on both hot and cold climate conditions.

There are two things I’d like to achieve when using make-up, first is evening out skin tone and second to provide sun

protection. This primer gives both and finishes with a slight shimmer alone. This is a bit heavy in texture and can be gluey when applied on face. The primer has a fleshy taupe shade that blends easily with my skin and evens out redness and shadows on my forehead and jawline. My visible pores and blackheads all around my nose and t-zone become hardly obvious with this primer. This gives out a luminous definition especially on the cheekbones which I like so much.

What’s good about this primer/sunscreen ...

• is that I can either wear this with or without foundation. In summer days, my t-zone gets clammy and foundation can melt under the sweltering heat of the sun. It breaks me out if I use both foundation over primer on hot days. But wearing this primer alone can suffice to protect my face from uv rays while keeping a lustrous even skin tone. I just add a wee bit of translucent powder to keep it matte and I’m all ready.

On dry cold days, that’s when I

get more confident sporting heavier make-up because the primer and foundation have a higher staying power all day. The foundation sets perfectly over the primer that last’s for more than 8 hours based on my experience without having to do constant touch-ups. It leaves somewhat a heavy paste and can be difficult to remove make-up.

Though it breaks me out sometimes I find it only manageable. Thus, I rate this product 7 out of 10.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312010871921031/k2311a1020/10.20.09