Pringles Zesty Lime’n'Chilli  » Food  »
  • I know not all E-numbers are bad, but it puts me of a bit all the same

• by daisy2000

As a lover of all things Pringles, I just had to try this flavour when it first came out here last year. To be honest I wasn’t sure about it, it sounded like it might be a bit too different and extreme for a Pringles flavour. The other flavours are quite traditional; ready salted, salt and vinegar, cheese and onion, sour cream and onion - nothing too controversial there.

The box was certainly enticing. Lime

green, which is an appropriate colour, along with appetising pictures of luscious-looking red chillis and refreshing lime slices.

And when it came to the taste test they certainly didn’t disappoint. There is a definite “zest” to them. Spicy, but not excessively, with a great hint of citrus. And what’s more the texture is great. Lovely and crispy, with just the right amount of red, peppery powder.

The one downside I always have with Pringles is ...

• the ingredients. There are lots of them for a start - never a great thing health-wise.. The fact that they contain dehydrated potatoes also puts me off a bit. But then the unique texture probably couldn’t be achieved with potato in any other form! There is also an E-number which jumps out at me. E471. I know not all E-numbers are bad, but it puts me of a bit all the
        same. And the long chemical-sounding names, such as disodium 5′ ribonucleotide, really don’t sound nutritious.

But as long as you don’t eat them all the time, they’re probably no worse than a lot of snacks on the market. And did I mention they taste great?

Whether or not you’re a Pringles lover, you will probably love these. I would highly recommend them. And like all good Pringles, once you pop there’s no way that you’ll stop!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271910871841031/k2311a1019/10.19.09