Frigidaire Tumble Action Washer  » Housewares  »
  • There are some things that are different when operating this unit that a new customer should consider when purchasing this though
  • The second is that I notice the laundry, particulary jeans, needs to be shaken out before placing into the dryer
  • These detergents cost more than the regular detergents on the market
  • I recommend checking the difference in your local store
  • Overall, I do not regret purchasing this washer

• by Shells89

This is an attractive, modern style washing machine that loads from the front of the unit. It has a reasonable sized barrel that holds a significant amount of clothes. The size of the barrel has been adequate for my family of four.

It’s main positive feature is that it operates a cycle of laundry on only 15 gallons of water. A top loading washer runs on approximately 40 gallons.

This was the feature that attracted me the most because I am an environmentally concerned consumer. There are some things

that are different when operating this unit that a new customer should consider when purchasing this though.

The first is that after the cycle begins, you can’t just open the lid to throw in an item you might have forgotten. The water would come spilling out on the floor! The second is that I notice the laundry, particulary jeans, needs to be shaken out before placing into the dryer.

Now I don’t know if this is the fault of the washer or dryer. What I ...

• have found though, is if I don’t shake my jeans out, they are very wrinkled at the end of drying time.

This is a step that I did not have to take with my previous appliances. The last thing that should be considered is that you must purchase laundry detergent made specifically for high efficiency machines.

These detergents are low-sudsing which is combatible with the reduced amount of water to be used. These detergents cost more than the regular detergents on the market.

I recommend

checking the difference in your local store. I think one must consider the cost of less water to the increased cost of detergent.

Overall, I do not regret purchasing this washer. I feel saving water is the most important aspect of this appliance.

However, the negatives that I have listed above would have been nice to know ahead of time. The salesman did not inform me of the differences of front loading machines versus top loading.

He only sold me on the water saving feature.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 531910871731031/k2311a1019/10.19.09