Aunt Jemima Pancakes and Sausage  » Food  »
  • The pancakes have a pleasant aroma and are a decent size, but unfortunately, they are very fragile
  • I like my sausage well done and this sausage was not quite well done

• by GenesisOne

Aunt Jemima Pancakes and Sausage is merely a decent breakfast meal. It could most certainly be tastier and a higher quality, but as is, it is edible and mildly enjoyable as long as I add a few things to the meal, like scrambled eggs and a bagel. Only then does the meal become satisfying and filling.

The pancakes have a pleasant aroma and are a decent

size, but unfortunately, they are very fragile. By that, I mean when I add butter and spread the butter or slice the pancakes, they partly fall apart.

Clearly, the pancakes are made with water and not milk. That is the cheap way to make pancakes.

They just are not as enjoyable when they fall apart easily. However, the pancakes do offer a decent flavor that I ...

• find enjoyable to an extent.

The sausage however is difficult to enjoy. The reason I have a hard time enjoying the sausage is because I do not feel that it is cooked enough - at least, it is not cooked enough for my tastes.

I like my sausage well done and this sausage was not quite well done. Still, it was edible, even though the flavor

of the sausage was nothing spectacular by any means.

Dunking it in syrup certainly helped. All in all, this is a decent breakfast meal that I may get again because it helps cut down on how much time I need to set aside in the morning for breakfast preparation.

The sausage is what bothers me the most, though, and may prevent me from buying this meal again.

Ambrose Woodard says :

I would love to have Aunt Jemima pancakes and sausage, but I can’t find any. My zip code is 73102, which is in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Location information would be great. Thanks, Ambrose Woodard

Jennifer Davis says :

Hi, Ambrose it is available in the Target store located at:

Oklahoma City South
    800 SW 44th St Oklahoma City OK 73109-3424,
    405-631-4411

Also, it is available at the Homeland Grocery Store located at:

4129 S. E. 29th St.
    OKC, Oklahoma 73115

Hope this helps

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271810871480231/k2311a1018/10.18.09