Best Quality Tree Service Oshkosh, WI
0.5
Oshkosh, WI
  • If you're looking for the best quality, stay FAR away from Kurt Metko and Best Quality Tree Service
  • We asked for a detailed bill of what was actually done, minus what the trees would have cost to be trimmed
  • I'm very disappointed that it turned out this way
  • I would highly recommend that you go somewhere else

• by daberlen80
      Don’t let the company name fool you. If you’re looking for the best quality, stay FAR away from Kurt Metko and “Best Quality Tree Service. ” We were looking for someone to take down 4 trees, some bushes, a stump, and trim some trees in our yard. We got estimates for the job from 3 companies. He was the middle pricewise, but he offered financing. We told him in March we wanted the job done, and called him twice between then and May asking when he would be able to do it.

He kept insisting “two weeks” whenever we called. Finally, May 19, he called and said he could come do the job. We were on vacation, so when we got back, we called him to come get it done. June 13, he started the job. We were never given a detailed bill of what each tree was costing us, simply a lump total.

The day the job was started was the last time we saw Kurt. His contractors handled it from then on.

/> The contractors, like the owner, were very unprofessional. The job, due to rain, spanned out over 3 days. During that time, they would come and go without letting us know they were going to be in our fenced-in backyard.

They left large trucks and machinery in our backyard, despite the fact that it was raining, the ground was soft, and the trucks were digging into our lawn. They weren’t even aware of what trees and bushes were being taken out and we had to remind them that a tree and a bush were included. The last day of the job, a Thursday, their stump grinder got caught in our chain link fence and ripped a section of it up. They told us they would be out the next day to fix it so we could let our dogs and children into our yard again. Friday evening, around 7pm, I called the owner because no one had come to fix the fence.

At that time, I got 2 different excuses from him. He first said that the workers ...

• were too busy, then that they forgot about it. It was Monday before anyone was able to come fix it. They bought fence that was too short, so there was at least 6 inches under the fence. Our 75 pound dog was able to squeeze under the fence.

I called to tell the owner that again. He insisted that it wasn’t his responsibility, it was his workers’. I explained to him several times that it is his company and we contracted with him, not his workers. He is ultimately responsible for making sure it was done right. He refused to listen and continued to tell me it was not his liability.

The workers did finally fix the fence correctly, but not until I had called for 2 weeks demanding it be done right. During that time, Kurt got even more rude to the point that I just wanted my fence fixed and didn’t want to have anything else to do with him. The trees never did get trimmed. Kurt kept saying that his tree

climber was too busy and he’d send him over when he could. 3 weeks after the job was started, we said we didn’t want to have it done anymore.

We asked for a detailed bill of what was actually done, minus what the trees would have cost to be trimmed. He refused to send us a bill, simply said that it would be $250 to trim 2 huge trees. We got estimates from other companies and using a bucket truck, which is less costly than a climber, it was going to be $300-$500 to trim the trees. We finally got a detailed bill from Kurt, but the numbers don’t add up. His own estimates and bills don’t have the same amounts from one to the other.

We’re pretty sure he’s trying to inflate the cost of what he did to cover what he’s out for the fence his contractors broke. I’m very disappointed that it turned out this way. Really, it’s not worth the stress to even deal with this guy. I would highly recommend that you go somewhere else!

Roxy Hazen says :

Best Quality was the best in quality, price and service. Both my neighbor and I had estimates that Best Quality beat and the speed in which he got to these jobs impressed both of us We will not hesitate to use this business again and have referred several others to them. Also the cleanup was like nothing had taken place in the yard Couldn t have been happier

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 41250887121131/k2311a0825/8.25.06