Gap in Prime Outlets
3939 IH-35 South #900 San Marcos, TX 78666
  • I’ve visited that Gap location many times and here’s what I think of it
  • What I like about this Gap is that it’s located in a great outlet mall, which is across from another outlet mall in case I can’t find what I’m looking for at this location
  • I thought the store was well maintained and laid out

• by Liberty

Gap has become a staple in most malls, even outlet malls. Most people tend to think that outlet malls only carry defected clothing items or last season’s items but that’s totally wrong. I’ve actually talked to the managers at the Gap stores in an outlet mall and they say that although they do carry some last season items they also carry many items that are from their own line, items that a regular Gap might not even get to carry. I can vouch for that because I’ve seen some really nice stuff at outlet malls that I never see at the regular stores. Anyway, one of my favorite

outlet mall is Prime Outlets in San Marcos, and of course they have a Gap there too. I’ve visited that Gap location many times and here’s what I think of it.

I’ll start out with the positive aspects of this Gap location. What I like about this Gap is that it’s located in a great outlet mall, which is across from another outlet mall in case I can’t find what I’m looking for at this location. The sales clerk were always very friendly and helpful. I thought the store was well maintained and laid out. I really liked that it was located on the side where my other ...

• favorite stores were, like J.Crew, Old Navy and Banana Republic. I also like that this Gap location has a good selection of styles to choose from, and they have petite sizes which is important to me because the regular Gaps rarely carry petite sizes. This Gap also sells shoes and is separate from Gap Kids. Not that I have anything Gap Kids I’d really just prefer it not being so close to the store with a bunch of screaming kids.

Now for the negative, things that can easily be fixed. What I don’t like about this Gap location is the size selection for men. My boyfriend can hardly

find his sizes there. It was also kind of a smaller Gap, probably the smallest one I’ve seen, outlet or not. I also didn’t notice much sales or discounts considering it’s located in an outlet mall. Even during major sales events when a lot of the stores around it were having specials, this Gap location didn’t have a whole lot going on. Although they had shoes at this location their shoe selection was very minimal.

Overall, it’s a decent Gap but considering the prices and selections I think I’d stick to a regular Gap location. But if you’re in the area already it wouldn’t hurt to stop in.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 241610870910131/k2311a1016/10.16.09