Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Powder Makeup SPF 10  » Cosmetics  »
  • I hope that there will be a higher SPF available for the summer, but that is the only issue that I have with this makeup

• by Jessie Bahrey

I went to the Estee Lauder counter at my local department store to purchase a new face powder, and I have had good experiences with this brand before. Ideally, I wanted a powder that would work like a liquid foundation, so that I only had to use one product on my face, but I was unsure if such a powder existed. On my wish-list, I also wanted some SPF in my powder, so that in the winter, I did not have to wear a moisturizer with sunscreen under my makeup. I also wanted a powder, because I find liquid foundation to be time-consuming to apply properly.

I talked to the Estee Lauder beauty consultant and told her my wish list. Right away she suggested the Double Wear makeup line, which has both liquid and powder formulas. She said

that the powder has SPF 10, and that it is designed to stay on for 8 hours. She said it is natural-looking coverage, designed to go on lightly and you can add more as needed, and it is absorbs oil and won’t change colour all day, even when sweating. As with all the beauty items in this brand, it is also fragrance-free and tested by dermatologists. The mirrored compact is elegant looking, and she showed me the many shades available. For a powder, there are more colour choices than any makeup I have ever seen before. I picked Tawny, after trying several, and I purchased it for $38.

So, after trying it out for a few days, I simply love this powder. I am always happy when a higher-priced makeup product is worth the price, and this powder ...

• is. First, it comes with a sponge or puff, so you can use it either wet or dry (wet for more coverage). I have tried both ways, and I find that I really don’t need to use the sponge because using it dry provides the perfect amount of coverage for me. It goes on smoothly and feels nice on my skin, not heavy at all. It covers well, even darker blemishes, and it goes over moisturizer well without being streaky. I have re-applied to cover a specific blemish, and even the re-application looks natural. It also really does last 8 hours-I would say that it lasts 12 hours for me. I have also sweated, worked-out and cried with it and it really does stay put. As far as absorbing the oily areas of my face, it does
        an excellent job, and I am never shiny at the end of the day anymore. After using this for a week, it also has not dried out my skin like some products do. The SPF 10, which not a very high SPF, is good for the winter, although perhaps it should be higher for summer, but it is unusual to find sun protection in a powder at all.

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Powder Makeup SPF 10 is a great powder. It is pricy, but it is one of the few powders that has all of the features I need. It feels nice on my skin, protects me from the sun, and it lasts all day. I hope that there will be a higher SPF available for the summer, but that is the only issue that I have with this makeup.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311610870650131/k2311a1016/10.16.09