Star Trek - The Best Of Both Worlds by Ron Jones
  • Music From The Original Television Soundtrack - The Best Of Both Worlds by Ron Jones is one of my favorite audio CDs to listen to because the music from both of these episodes is incredibly memorable and some of the best Star Trek in general has to offer
  • Heck, I think some of the music used in these episodes is about the best I have heard, television or movie

• by GenesisOne

Star Trek - The Next Generation: Music From The Original Television Soundtrack - The Best Of Both Worlds by Ron Jones is one of my favorite audio CDs to listen to because the music from both of these episodes is incredibly memorable and some of the best Star Trek in general has to offer. Heck, I think some of the music used in these episodes is about the

best I have heard, television or movie.

The quality is quite high for music used on a television show, but that is because the weight and epic nature of this two part episode demanded it be that way.

The music from these episodes does a superb job of conveying anxiety, fear, trepidation and apprehension and a couple pieces have and continue to give me chills.

It is so ...

• deep and intense! Among the instruments used, like the brass, the percussion and synthetic electronics are all employed masterfully and skillfully.

The music is so memorable and so powerful that it allows me to easily visualize the scenes: the mammoth and seemingly indestructible Borg vessel that could potentially wipe out the Federation and other major powers, the fierce volley of weapons fire, the chase, the assimilation of Picard,

the moment before the Enterprise’s new weapon fires, the graveyard of crippled and broken starships, the march towards Earth, the final engagement and more.

This music composed for this episode was just so magnificent.

Music from these two episodes is music that I will never forget and it is music that I will always enjoy no matter how many times I immerse myself in it.

I cannot recommend this soundtrack enough!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 141510870010731/k2311a1015/10.15.09