Globe Hotline (919-8888)  » Business  »
  • I must have been the nth customer with the same problem because she easily took me through the process
  • The agent was polite and definitely not condescending

• by JustCurious

When Typhoon Ondoy/Ketsana came to the Philippines, it totally destroyed my house. There was nothing I could do but sigh and get on with my life, and thus slowly, we tried to rebuild everything. All of my documents, furniture, appliances, clothes and everything inanimate inside my house were wet and destroyed. One of the things I had to attend to was our telephone and internet service, both of which were Globe. So I called the Globe hotline number (632)919-8888.

As in all customer service in the Philippines, there was a whole menu to wade through before you could talk to an actual person. A pre-recorded message would get you through the language, specific concern (whether cellphone, landline or broadband), detail of your concern (if its broadband, then if its

Tattoo, Visibility or DSL), your area (Luzon and Metro Manila), and on and on, until the hotline will put you on hold until an agent can attend to you. I was in the office when I made the call, and I was a little hesitant to use the office landline for a personal concern. However, I had an inkling that if I use my cellphone for this particular dilemma, I would be incurring quite a bill for the call. I was right. It took forever before my call was picked up.

After endless minutes of listening to the same advertisement, an agent finally took my call. However, since I was not too familiar with the buttons in my phone (I just started working in the company), the agent disconnected politely after ...

• she could not hear me. I had to try several times before I was able to talk to a service representative. On my fourth call, a lady answered and identified herself. I did not get her name because she had an accent which I was not prepared for. I told her that I live in Marikina and had an internet and phone connection with them, but which I could not use as we temporarily relocated while the house was being cleaned. I must have been the nth customer with the same problem because she easily took me through the process. She asked if my phone and modem were wet and informed me that Globe was replacing wet handsets and modems free of charge. I also had the option to temporarily
        disconnect the lines until I return to my home by simply going to their office in Marquinton. I asked her if I could temporarily move the internet for a few months and she replied that they would have to investigate if there is an existing connection in my temporary place. The agent was polite and definitely not condescending. I appreciated that she was professional and yet sympathetic to my plight. I appreciated that they had a process in place to answer my concerns. My brother makes a living in the internet and so the connection was vital. She moved me through the call without being dismissive. I finished the call satisfied with the resolutions she offered. If only they could reduce the waiting time, then I would be completely satisfied with the service.

mary ann says :

hi good afternoon.. just wanna about sa kababayan sim . Yung bf ko kasi nasa singapore then he buy that sim, ask ko lang kung pede ko bang pasahan siya ng load and kung panu ko siya matatawagan. I tried to call his kababayan pero ayaw mag connect eh. Thanks for the answer.

JustCurious replies :

Sorry, I have no idea about the kababayan sim

Reynald says :

Please check unit 1414 Guadalupe bliss Phase 3 J.p. Rizal extn Makati City… thanks

Jules Li says :

Reynald, just so you won’t expect a follow-up, you should know that this isn’t a support page for Globe. This is a review page, and Globe doesn’t read from here. I suggest contacting Globe by phone to have that checked.

lovely says :

Why can`t I log in facebook through my mobile phone. I already cleared caches and cookies several times. I always registered for Surf all day facebook .

Jules Li says :

It’s difficult to say exactly what’s causing the problem since you provided so few details. You should be more specific by noting exactly what happens when trying to access facebook. It may give you an error code. However, one general thing that you can always do is to uninstall and reinstall the Facebook application.

Jocelyn B. Liban says :

wala pa kameng net connection 5 days na nagbayad na naman kami ng monthly….bakit un???

Hi Jocelyn,

Try to contact their technical support at 027301000
    You can also contact the following 24-Customer Care Hotline Number
    171 - toll-free from any Globelines
    (02) 919-8888 Luzon
    032 410-8888 Visayas and Mindanao
    From there, instructions will be given.

Tristan says :

Why doesn`t 8888 or 2824 reply when I tried to subscribe to superunli?

Hi Tristan,

Make sure theres no spacing between it. Example, superunli25. No space between the text.

rufina glindo says :

The globe internet connection here at our house Malacanang Sta. Rosa Nueva Ecija is very poor.The connection in yahoo mail is very slow. Our chat mate can`t see ous it`s always says that THE SERVER IS BUSY… In MY NETWORK PLACES then in view network connection the activity in sent is 5000 only and the recieved is 3000 only…please help me to solve this problem… i hope that you will help me,, tnx

Jules Li says :

If this only happens when in your house, it means that it’s a problem with the network in the area, assuming that it works fine everywhere else. I suggest contacting Globe to report the issue. If there is an issue with the network in the area, they may be able to get it fixed. However, if it’s being caused by insufficient service in the area, they won’t be able to do much to resolve it.

Charmy Paras says :

I am currently subscribed to SUPERSURF50, but i cant connect…i get Error 619. some prob with the remote computer and the port is closed. How do i solve this prob?

Jules Li says :

Error 619 is usually related to an inability to pick up a sufficient signal. Re-boot the computer and unplug the card and plug it back in. Also check to see if it only happens in one area. I’m not sure of where you are located but you should also check the coverage map for your area to see what type of coverage is available.

Jess blasa says :

I want to be a sub dealer of globe prepaid, load wallet and other globe featured services, question How can i start with?What is the requirements?Where do i need to go first to start?

Hi Jess,

Go to any Globe branch and ask who are their accredited partners for load distribution. Since they wont entertain this on their branch. Example of this accredited partners are, DTABANK . They are the one who will give you your load card. They will also give you a free cellphone, if your performing well.

Joy says :

Kabibili ko lang po nang globe tattoo kit.. i follow the instruction i inserted it to the usb port sa laptop.. at the end it says The SIM USIM card has not been detected or is invalid. Ano po ang gagawin ko? Please help me asap

MEV says :

Hi Joy,

Try to contact their technical support at 027301000
    You can also contact the following 24-Customer Care Hotline Number
    171 - toll-free from any Globelines
    (02) 919-8888 Luzon
    032 410-8888 Visayas and Mindanao
    From there, instructions will be given.

homer orillosa says :

i want to remove the parental control on my globe wimax subsription pls help me..

Jules Li says :

This is something that you will have to contact Globe’s customer service about. They are the only people that can access your account to remove features.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 411510869670731/k2311a1015/10.15.09