Panoxyl Acnegel 2.5 % Benzoyl Peroxide  » Cosmetics  »
1.5
  • It carries a warning about causing irritation and stinging, but I thought this would only occur for the first time of use
  • After that experience, I learned people’s general perception of something cannot be absolute

• by jhunie

Benzoyl Peroxide became a bitter part of my pimple-stricken days in seeking for a potent solution against acne. I can vividly remember it was one of the things I used to desperately treat my pimples some time last year. I scoured the internet which led me to many forums online. After reading people’s testimonials, I concluded that a vast majority of people use Benzoyl Peroxide for acne.

Following the advice from people, I started using Panoxyl with a mild 2.5 % concentration as I gradually introduce this to my face. I was well aware of the bad initial reactions that can happen once I use this for the first time. It

carries a warning about causing irritation and stinging, but I thought this would only occur for the first time of use. I followed instructions religiously with the hope of ending my acne.

I applied this acnegel at night before going to sleep. It feels mildly discomforting because of the slight yet burning sensation as if my face was tingling in pain. I insisted on using BP because it says the prickly sensation is normal and means that it’s working

After two weeks, the same irritation persists every night. The worst part is not being able to sleep because of the slight but frequent prickling feeling I get on my face. It ...

• came to a point where I can no longer concentrate on sleeping because of the itchy irritation. With regard to treating my pimples, I see some raised lesions get shrunken, but my skin isn’t getting any better. Soon enough, more pimples keep showing up, there was redness and peeling. I felt like my face was getting a brutal facial treatment. I had to stop right there eventhough the treatment regimen strongly advised to continue using for 3 to 6 months progressively to see positive changes (that’s quite a long mile).

To me, Benzoyl Peroxide is a very heavy anti-acne substance. Eventhough I wasn’t able to prove its cumulative efficacy, I was

afraid that the persistent irritation might mean that I’m hypersensitive to BP. This product may have worked for others, but certainly not for me. After that experience, I learned people’s general perception of something cannot be absolute. Results can vary from person to person.

I rate this product 3 for all the pain it had caused me. And for some, who are thinking of using it, make sure you have a high tolerance for pain (especially on face). Perhaps, this product can work only for cunning people who are willing to see it to the very end.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311510869490631/k2311a1015/10.15.09