Nikon D40 camera
  • In-menu help -I have to tell you that the camera taught me how to work it for the first few hours after I bought it

• by leolutero

Nikon has released its cheapest entry-level DSLR for $499. I have been in love with photography since I got my first camera so I was so happy I can have a DSLR I can afford.

Here are the specification of the D40:

1. 6.1 megapixels sensor -let me tell you that this seemingly too small MP count is ample. Some cameras claim shooting at 12.1 MP but

the REAL image quality is poor so don’t base your purchase on megapixel count only. 6.1 MP is already decent for the digital shooter’s need.

2. In-menu help -I have to tell you that the camera taught me how to work it for the first few hours after I bought it. All you have to do is press the ‘?’ button when surfing the options and ...

• a screen will pop-up telling you all about the option you highlighted.

3. Real Viewfinder -What you see in the viewfinder is really what you get. You won’t get live-view (using the LCD as digital viewfinder) but who cares? Live-view sucks anyway.

4. Beginner friendly everything -It was so unbelievably easy to use, given that its a DSLR with all those f-numbers, ISO settings and

shutter speed options. I really have to tell you it was easy and now, after discovering my love for photography, I understand all those supposed-to-be alien photography terms.

Conclusion: Buy it. It’s really worth the money and the image quality is better than the point and shoots double its price. If you think you would love taking good photos, the D40 is you. Its really easy to amaze yourself with this wonder of a camera.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 431510869410631/k2311a1015/10.15.09