McVities Jamaica Ginger Cake  » Food  »
  • I remember it as a favorite from my childhood and I enjoy it now as much as I did then
  • For a big slab of this ginger cake it will not set you back much and you can usually find offers going somewhere, but I bought my last ginger cake for £1.04 from Tesco and I can get about eight nice slices out of this

• by jeanne71

The McVities Jamaica Ginger Cake is a classic as far as I am concerned. I remember it as a favorite from my childhood and I enjoy it now as much as I did then.

As it says on the packet, the recipe has stayed the same for 50 years – why fix what ain’t broke?

04 from Tesco and I can get about eight nice slices out of this.

As you peel the wrapper off, you can smell the spicy ginger ...

• aroma and it looks very tempting too.

It looks dark brown and moist on the outside and when you cut into it the inside sponge is lighter and a lighter, ginger color.

The whole cake is really soft and moist and sticks to your teeth, in a good way.

It tastes of a lovely

spicy ginger.

My eyes are often bigger than my belly so I might cut myself a big piece but this is very rich and filling and I often end up sticking a bit back in the packet for later as I cannot finish it.

A soft, moist, spicy ginger cake from McVities.

What’s not to like?

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271410868691031/k2311a1014/10.14.09