Orchard Hotel Singapore  » Hotels  »
0.5
442 Orchard Road, Singapore
  • She was so nice and happy to recommend the Orchard Hotel Singapore
  • When we entered the room, we were really disappointed
  • But that experience made us conclude not to come back to that hotel

• by Tikya

Me and my partner visited Singapore in May this year, it was a one minute decision since we wanted to visit our friend who lives there. We didn’t plan for the visit on this trip, so we decided just to get a ticket and sort out our hotel at the airport. When we arrived it was around 7pm. We head to the hotel reservation counter at the airport and ask the lady if there are hotel rooms available near the Orchard street. She was so nice and happy to recommend the Orchard Hotel Singapore.

My partner and I did not hesitate for a second about the hotel. We paid about 200 Singapore Dollars a night and we paid for one night deposit. And then the lady arrange for our taxi to the hotel. When we arrived at the hotel, there were

2 receptionist at the desk.

Both of them on the phone and their eyes were on the desk, not even a glance to recognize our presence. I was getting a little impatient but my partner calm me down as we have paid already for that night and its too late to walk out. Finally after more than 5 mins one of them hang up. So, she smiled and ask us if she can be of any help.

We told her we were checking in and showed her the receipt. She looked at it and then started calling. She was all the time on the phone. Finally she gave us the form to fill in, I just didnt have the patience to do it anymore so I let my partner do all of it.

While we were trying to complete the form ...

• she kept looking at the receipt as if something is wrong in it. When we were done, she gave us the key and told us the no. We asked her that we would like to have a wake up call at 7. 30am.

There was no bellman to take our luggage, so we had to drag our luggage all the way to the room. When we entered the room, we were really disappointed. The room smelled like cockroaches, the carpet looked like there was flood and it dried out, the bathroom had no amenities whatsoever except for a soap sealed in a plastic, the one that you see in a backpackers place. But i was too tired to complain, so we just took shower and use our own shampoo and shower gel.

The only good thing was the towels were white, although its not as soft

as I hoped they would but it looked clean. We went to sleep right away, we didnt even recognized that the bed was so hard. We woke up the next day at 9. 30am with a phone ring.

I was thinking it was our wake up call but the receptionist called us to ask for payment of our room. We told her that we paid already and we gave the receipt to the receptionist from last night and she said she will double check and let us know. She called back after 30 mins and said that we have not paid. I told her to check properly.

She called me back after about 10 mins and apologized. I was so pissed off that I forgot to complain about my wake up call. But that experience made us conclude not to come back to that hotel.

Orchard Hotel Singapore

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 21410868531031/k2311a1014/10.14.09