Eckrich Smoked Turkey Sausage  » Food  »
  • This is the way I think sausages like these taste the best
  • If you’re looking for a healthier option for breakfast, I would certainly recommend trying Eckrich Smoked Turkey sausage at least once

• by Famous

Eckrich Smoked Turkey Sausage is a delightful alternative to regular pork or beef sausage. The “lite” variety has a bit less sodium than other sausages.

But if you’re on a strict sodium diet, you may not want to indulge in too much of this.

The sodium content is 540mg.

At any rate,

I tried the Kielbasa version and decided to slice mine in half, and then halved again—the long way.

I placed it in a sauté pan and browned all the sides until they were crisp.

This is the way I think sausages like these taste the best.

In any case, the skin crisped up ...

• really nicely.

And I was quite surprised by how much the flavor tasted like all the other sausages I’m accustomed to.

The flavor has this “hickory attitude” and goes very well with omelettes, grits, toast, or any other breakfast foods.

Suffice it to say, these sausages would probably go well in other dishes

that include rice, peppers, and other spices.

If you’re looking for a healthier option for breakfast, I would certainly recommend trying Eckrich Smoked Turkey sausage at least once.

I wouldn’t eat these everyday, because there still is some grease and fat associated with this kind of breakfast food.

But you probably won’t be disappointed.

Queen Bennett says :

re : This is the way I think sausages like these taste the best
    This is the first time buying this brand of sausage at Walmart. I brought the beef and the smoked flavor. I was disappointed with both because there was to much grease in it.

glenn shantz says :

is htere any pork used in making smoked turkey sausage. including the casing. what is the casing made of? thanks glenn

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271410868210931/k2311a1014/10.14.09