Pacific Chocolate Almond Drink  » Food  »
2.5
  • If you’re expecting lots of sweetness you’ll be severely disappointed
  • I think that this is probably a healthy alternative to traditional chocolate milks or other sugary treats

• by Famous

I was a little apprehensive about drinking the Almond chocolate drink. This particular beverage comes in a little juice-box looking contraption, complete with a straw that you punch into the box. Pacific Almond drink packages look pretty weird.

And they seem to be extremely healthy. I tried the chocolate variety.

And I

have to admit that I was a bit leery about the way it would taste. But as soon as I poked the little straw in the box, I was pleasantly surprised.

If you’re expecting lots of sweetness you’ll be severely disappointed. I should mention that the beverage tastes like a watered down version of Yoo Hoo chocolate ...

• drinks.

Not watered down in the sense that it’s very thin. But watery in that it doesn’t quite have the Punch of a chocolate drink that you would be expecting.

Also, this drink is really too thick to quench a thirst. I would certainly drink it.

But something about it seems a bit weird

to me. I think that this is probably a healthy alternative to traditional chocolate milks or other sugary treats.

But I don’t know that I would buy these again. You’ll have to try one of these for yourself to make a firm decision as to whether it’s really as creamy and delightful as the box would have you believe.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271410868200931/k2311a1014/10.14.09