Selsun (Selenium Sulfide) - 2.5% Generic Lotion
  • I like it because even if I was carrying a baby, it’s still safe to use this medicine
  • Upon first application on the affected area (basically my whole body except the face and genital area), I noticed that the redness on my skin got lighter and the scaly spots are greatly reduced
  • For those who are looking for relief from tinea versicolor, try this product and you will not regret using it

• by solfaja

This prescription lotion medicine was prescribed to me by our family doctor as treatment for tinea versicolor on my skin. When I was pregnant I developed small, scaly, red patches on my skin which were very itchy and spread so fast all over my body. It was caused by fungi in our water system.

The doctor prescribed this medicine to me to treat the skin condition. I like it because even if I was carrying a baby, it’s still safe to use this

medicine.

I used it for about one week ( the time it took me to heal the tinea versicolor) and I was about seven months pregnant at that time. This topical lotion is very effective in treatment of tinea versicolor although its first intended use if for treatment of extreme cases of dandruff on the scalp.

Upon first application on the affected area (basically my whole body except the face and genital area), I noticed that the redness on my skin got lighter and ...

• the scaly spots are greatly reduced. I repeated the application the next day and the next and each time I applied it, I noticed favorable results.

I stopped itching after second application and I also noticed that the tinea versicolor stopped spreading. I was very glad that I called my doctor and gave him updates.

After a week of using it I stopped the application (I used up only one bottle) because I didn’t see no need to use more because my skin condition

was treated. A month after that, the tinea versicolor was completely gone.

There were white marks though where the former rashes were present which took another three months to get back to its original color. I am happy using this product because it works really GREAT.

For those who are looking for relief from tinea versicolor, try this product and you will not regret using it. You need to ask your doctor for a prescription of this one though because you can’t just buy it over the counter.

carrie says :

Hi. I am currently using this lotion to treat my Tinea Versicolor. Im on day 3 of the use and I am so itchy and stingy. Did it happen to you too? My skin is horrible to start off with. Were you able to use antying to like mosturize your skin, or to stop the itch and burn feeling. It seems to still be spreading though on my body. when did your spreading stop?

Galega says :

Itchiness along with red rashes are not documented side effect of Selsun. There might be some allergic reactions. You should consult a doctor for proper suggestion.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 261310867961231/k2311a1013/10.13.09