Sharwood’s Tandoori Mukhani for Butter Chicken  » Food  »
  • I was discussing how much I love the Indian dish of Butter Chicken, and a friend, who loves to cook, told me about a sauce that is available which allows you to simply cook chicken in it and voila
  • The bottles were all $4.99, and I found the sauce my friend had told me about, which is actually called Tandoori Mukhani for Buttered Chicken
  • The ingredients include many herbs and spices, so I decided to go home and give it a try
  • I used the entire jar, as instructed, and although I am not a great cook, I admit that my butter chicken was amazing
  • Sharwood’s Tandoori Mukhani for Butter Chicken is a delicious and easy way to make Butter Chicken, so if you are a fan of this dish, or any other Asian dish, check out Sharwood’s line of sauces

• by Jessie Bahrey

I was discussing how much I love the Indian dish of Butter Chicken, and a friend, who loves to cook, told me about a sauce that is available which allows you to simply cook chicken in it and voila! You can cook a difficult and time-consuming recipe quickly, in your own home. I am all about simple and quick as far a cooking goes. My husband often spends many hours cooking his curry sauces from scratch for Thai, Indian and Vietnamese dishes, but I wanted to find something a bit easier. My friend told me to look for a sauce called Sharwood’s for Buttered Chicken, so I went looking at my grocery store.

I was surprised that I

had never seen Sharwood’s many sauces before; they have several varieties of sauces for Chinese, Thai, Indian, dishes, and these sauces include chutneys, pickles, naans, stir fry sauces, curry pastes, and items that I could not pronounce. The bottles were all $4.99, and I found the sauce my friend had told me about, which is actually called Tandoori Mukhani for Buttered Chicken. I took a quick look at the instructions on the bottle for preparing the dish, and it looked even easy enough for me to make. The ingredients include many herbs and spices, so I decided to go home and give it a try.

My friend had written down two ways that she cooks butter chicken for me.

• Both were very easy. Both included browning chicken breasts cubed (or in strips) first, and then either adding the Sharwood’s sauce to the pan and simmering for 20 minutes, or putting the chicken and the sauce in a baking dish and baking for 20 or 25 minutes. I did the baked option, and as soon as I opened the jar, I fell in love with the fragrance. It is too difficult to describe the combination of scents, but the sauce is thick and rich. I used the entire jar, as instructed, and although I am not a great cook, I admit that my butter chicken was amazing. My husband, a gourmet cook himself, could not tell if it
        was made from scratch.

I have since used this sauce several times, and once for company-it was a huge hit. It is so very easy, and delicious. I have also tried other sauces and recipes, and they all work well. One tip though is that you need to use the entire jar, because if there is any left over, the product does not last in the refrigerator. However, if you have leftovers with the completed dish, it keeps for days.

Sharwood’s Tandoori Mukhani for Butter Chicken is a delicious and easy way to make Butter Chicken, so if you are a fan of this dish, or any other Asian dish, check out Sharwood’s line of sauces. You won’t be disappointed.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271310867861231/k2311a1013/10.13.09