Sunbeam Speed MixMaster Stand Mixer  » Housewares  »
2.0
  • My husband gave this to me as a gift last Mother’s Day and I’m still using it, although, I can say it’s not the best and not the one I was looking for perfectly in a mixer
  • I thought this mixer is supposed to last longer but the way I see it, it’s not going to last a year
  • I will not recommend this product to anyone

• by solfaja

I have this kitchen appliance at home and I use it mainly for my baking needs. My husband gave this to me as a gift last Mother’s Day and I’m still using it, although, I can say it’s not the best and not the one I was looking for perfectly in a mixer. First of all, the bowl that comes with the mixer is too small.

I can’t mix heavy loads at one time so every time I want to do it, I have to

mix the ingredients in batches. The automatic rotation of the bowl is a good feature which I liked.

I also liked the stainless bowl. But aside from these ones, I have complaints about the other parts of this product.

I don’t like the button that’s supposed to control the tilting of the mixer head. It’s very hard to push that I oftentimes got my thumb red from putting too much pressure.

It’s same thing with the button that’s supposed to release the beaters, I need ...

• to apply too much pressure in order to release it! Lucky for me when my husband is at home when I do the mixing because I asked him to do it for me but most of the time I have to do it myself which is very frustrating. This mixer also gives off this burned smell when I’m running the motor at high speed.

It freaked me out first time but then I got used to it. I just have to stay away from the

exhaust as much as I can so I don’t smell the fumes.

The last thing I don’t like about this product is that even if it’s been 5 months ago since my husband bought this product brand new, I already saw rust on the beaters which is very disgusting. I thought this mixer is supposed to last longer but the way I see it, it’s not going to last a year.

I can’t wait to buy a new one as replacement. I will not recommend this product to anyone.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 531210866640131/k2311a1012/10.12.09