Centennial: Only the Rocks Live Forever  » TV  »
  • It's one of the things I love about Centennial
  • I've heard some say this could be his best part ever, and I think I agree
  • I've always loved Chamberlain, and he's definitely the glue that holds the story together

• by Orrymain

Centennial: Only the Rocks Live Forever is the beginning of this epic mini-series based on the book by James Michener. It begins with some narration by David Janssen and then introduces viewers to an Indian group referred to as Our People. What we learn, as does the young Indian named Lame Beaver in 1756, is that only the rocks live forever.

That line has always stayed with me.

It’s an elegant thought that is powerful and intense. It’s emotional, too. Only minutes have passed in this epic, and I’m already drawn into it emotionally.

The scenery is just amazing. It’s one of the things I love about Centennial. It begins at a time when the western frontier was pure and fresh, before man corrupted it. That’s part of the reason why this episode ...

• is so wonderful to watch.

I was totally swept into the story of the French trapper Pasquinel, played to perfection by Robert Conrad. I’ve heard some say this could be his best part ever, and I think I agree. There was depth to Pasquinel, and he certainly had my attention, even when I didn’t like him much.,

Mostly, though, I really loved the Scotsman, Alexander McKeag, played with tenderness

by Richard Chamberlain. I’ve always loved Chamberlain, and he’s definitely the glue that holds the story together.

Only the Rocks Live Forever is a great introduction. It’s a sweeping story about basic trust, between the Native American Indians and the white man newcomers to their land. I love this story. Part 1 had me hooked within a few minutes, eager to see what would happen next.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 101210866131231/k2311a1012/10.12.09