Michelina’s Lean Gourmet - Pepperoni Pizza Snack Rolls
  • The quality of the cardboard is definitely second rate
  • I could taste the pepperoni sufficiently and the sauce was one of the best things

• by Orrymain

After eating my very first Michelina’s Lean Gourmet product, I really wasn’t expecting much from their Pepperoni Pizza Snack Rolls. In fact, I never would have purchased this product, or the other two I did at the same time, had I been aware that Michelina’s is essentially Weight Watchers. The first thing I tried was just so-so, not horrible, but nothing I’d buy again. So, I began

to prepare these snackers with some trepidation.

The box was a 5 ounce package. As with the first package, it was difficult to open. The quality of the cardboard is definitely second rate. Fortunately, it did pull open as it’s supposed to, but not without it being a chore. The 200 calorie meal consisted of pepperoni and cheese mixed with pizza sauce in a golden crust nugget.

• There are several of them in a package, and you can prepare them from the oven or, as I chose to do, the microwave.

The snackers are to be placed on paper towels and then microwaved per the directions. With this done, I hesitantly partook of the first nugget.

“Okay. Not bad; not great,” was what ran through my mind initially. The funny thing is that after a

couple, I realized that while not great, they were certainly passable. In fact, I would buy these again and plan to. The nuggets were great. I could taste the pepperoni sufficiently and the sauce was one of the best things.

As I kept popping them in my mouth, I realized it had, surprise, turned into a pleasing lunchtime meal. I was satisfied.

So, Weight Watchers, score one for you!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271210866121231/k2311a1012/10.12.09