Gateway notebook  » Laptops  »
  • I’ll be honest I didn’t know much about what’s good and what’s not in terms of computers, aside from what I know through experience
  • I know Macs were a good and durable choice but it was also way out of my budget and I really can’t stand the one click mouse thing
  • I like Macs for certain things but over all I’m a PC girl
  • At first I looked around for a home computer because I thought that would cost less but after looking around I realized it would be more cost efficient to go with a laptop
  • Overall Gateway is a good brand for school and work uses but I wouldn’t recommend it for those that like to do things like edit pictures and videos, anything that takes up a lot of space because this isn’t that kind of notebook

• by Liberty

I’ve had my Gateway Laptop for over three years now and I’m very happy with it. I’ll be honest I didn’t know much about what’s good and what’s not in terms of computers, aside from what I know through experience. I know Macs were a good and durable choice but it was also way out of my budget and I really can’t stand the one click mouse thing. I like Macs for certain things but over all I’m a PC girl. Well, my first laptop was an IBM and that sucker crashed in less than a year, of course it was refurbished and neither my dad and I knew that until later. So there I was getting ready to transfer to a University and move to another city on my own and I was without a computer. At first I looked around for

a home computer because I thought that would cost less but after looking around I realized it would be more cost efficient to go with a laptop. I tried Fry’s but as big as the store is and how they claim to be better priced I was completely let down. In the end I found what I wanted at Best Buy with help from the nice sales people there. That’s how I ended up with my Gateway, so here’s what think of Gateway computers after using it for over three years.

Lets start with the pros. I went with Gateway as oppose to other brands for many reasons. One was that it was one of those brands that I was familiar with in school. Many schools have Gateway computers as oppose to Dells or HP, and it had everything I needed and still ...

• kept within budget. I wasn’t sure how long it would last and I’m surprised that it’s manage to survive this long. My boyfriend is an HP person and he’s gone through three HP laptops in the time that I’ve had my Gateway notebook. So one point for durability for sure. Gateway might not be flashy and as pretty as the other brands but it’s affordable and gets the job done. Mine came with a lot of memory space, much more than my boyfriend’s HP, excluding his special gaming one, it comes with a warranty and online help which definitely came in handy when I was still getting to know my laptop. I also love the fact that mine comes with a clear wide screen.

There are some negative aspects to Gateway too, it isn’t without fault. One of the main issues

I have with my laptop is that it gets hot very easily and if it gets too hot it will shut off. So if you’re into video editing this might not be the best notebook for you, although I’ve managed fine with it after I bought a cooling fan. It doesn’t come with any fancy stuff, it’s just not that kind of laptop. It’s great for school uses and although it’s fairly slim it’s still a tad big and heavy.

Overall Gateway is a good brand for school and work uses but I wouldn’t recommend it for those that like to do things like edit pictures and videos, anything that takes up a lot of space because this isn’t that kind of notebook. It’s also not the kind of a notebook for gaming either. But it’s a good notebook for every day stuff, it’s durable and affordable.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 631210866051231/k2311a1012/10.12.09