Destination Truth show  » TV  »
  • It’s a bit like Ghost Hunters but the crew for Destination Truth is a tad funnier in my opinion
  • What I like about Destination Truth is that although Josh is the head of the crew and clearly in charge he’s probably the funniest and goofiest person out of his crew
  • They crew always looks like they’re having fun and no matter where they go they always find time to experience the local cuisine and culture
  • The show is now on it’s second season and I’ve never missed an episode because there’s never a boring one
  • All in all I think Destination Truth is a great show and I would definitely recommend it to those that love all things supernatural and paranormal

• by Liberty

Destination Truth is a show that airs on Wednesday nights after Ghost Hunters on the SciFi channel, or SyFy now. This show is mainly about cryptozoology but they’ll occasionally do paranormal cases as well. It’s a bit like Ghost Hunters but the crew for Destination Truth is a tad funnier in my opinion. They also travel the world searching for monsters, yes, I said monsters. The head of the cast and host is Josh Gates, who can probably pass for big foot, he’s a tall man and tad on the hairy side as well. Accompany Josh Gates is his crew of about four other people,

camera men, medic, tech and sound, and recently they added a new person, Current TV host Jael. Jael does translations when they’re in Spanish speaking countries.

What I like about Destination Truth is that although Josh is the head of the crew and clearly in charge he’s probably the funniest and goofiest person out of his crew. They crew always looks like they’re having fun and no matter where they go they always find time to experience the local cuisine and culture. What makes this show enjoyable is that it’s unique, they go all over the world to hunt for monsters, they use scientific methods to ...

• try to gather as much evidence as possible. The show is now on it’s second season and I’ve never missed an episode because there’s never a boring one. Each place is different and each episode is entertaining. I also like that it’s clearly not scripted or rehearsed. I’m sure they did a lot of editing seeing as how for each case they spend about 24 hours at a location but we only see thirty minutes of each case because each episode covers two cases. I like that they’re not afraid to get down and dirty, and they’ve gone to places where they really had to get
        dirty.

I do have some complaints about Destination Truth as well. One is that the season for this show seems too short. The season for this show lasts about two maybe three months. Although I enjoy Josh Gates’ sense of humor I can see how some people might find him insulting.

All in all I think Destination Truth is a great show and I would definitely recommend it to those that love all things supernatural and paranormal. Some of the paranormal cases they do can rival their sister show, Ghost Hunters, in fact when they do cases like that they often seek out the expertise of the TAPS crew.

Allaoua Cheraitia says :

I am curious to know who sponsors the team`s expenses and travel arrangements? Their task appears to happen without any outside hardship aside from their shared adventure with the audience. I hope the team will keep on trotting the globe as we get to discover much of the unknown regions of the world.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 101210866041231/k2311a1012/10.12.09